Motorola Moto G - new budget smartphone champion?

Soldato
Hi,

Last year i bought the misses a Moto Gen 3, its obviously out of memory so wanted to get her an SD Card. Will either of these be OK?

SANDISK Extreme Plus Class 10 microSD Memory Card - 32 GB
SANDISK Ultra Performance Class 10 microSD Memory Card - 32 GB

I've read it is recommended by Motorola to only use up to 32GB.... The Extreme Plus seems to have quicker read/write speeds. Just want to make sure it will be compatible and be able to be used for Photo's/Apps/etc.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Be warned (I think I posted in this thread asking) but I couldn't get the memory to expand onto the SD card like it should for my mum. Ended up using the SD card as a normal SD card storing photo's and such, but that doesn't help when trying to install apps and things. Ended up just buying her a 16GB Galaxy S3 for Xmas.

Soldato
Be warned (I think I posted in this thread asking) but I couldn't get the memory to expand onto the SD card like it should for my mum. Ended up using the SD card as a normal SD card storing photo's and such, but that doesn't help when trying to install apps and things. Ended up just buying her a 16GB Galaxy S3 for Xmas.

Bummer, hope not. I'll see how I get on. Tbh the phone has been brilliant as an introduction to smart phones, so I'll spend some time trying to make it work before I give up. Cheers fella.

Soldato

Worked for me. But on two different Motos a 3 and a 4 it killed the SD card very quickly. Been using it the same card on Windows phone for a couple of years. So I dunno what the Motos are doing with it.

Soldato
Under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have 30 days to return for a refund if the product is faulty. I've returned 2 Moto G4s and got a refund (from Argos) without hassle for the same fault.

I have to return my G4 with the sim not found error. I dunno to get another if I'm offered a refund, or just refund and get something else. I really like the G4. its a bit big is all.

Soldato
I have to return my G4 with the sim not found error. I dunno to get another if I'm offered a refund, or just refund and get something else. I really like the G4. its a bit big is all.

They took it in for testing for a week. Then gave me a new one. New one has the ghost touch issue a few times. We'll see if it gets worse.

Back
Top Bottom