Motorsport Videos Thread

Associate

Wee video from the weekend, glorious sunshine at Knockhill for a change.

Corrado went well, even with warped brakes and front tyres that had gone to mush.

Man of Honour
Though terrible quality, this is the best video I've found that really gives you a feel for what it was like to stand on the Mulsane straight, pre-chicanes, at the peak of the Group C era. Turn it up loud!!

Man of Honour
Need to move to 6 mins in to get to the in car footage, but the Zakspeed Capri was something really special in the late 70's and early 80's. They came in a 1.4, which this one was to run in the junior class of DRM and 1.7 to run in the top class. You can see this one struggles for top speed against the 935K3's, but absolutely murders them in the corners. These really were something special back in the day as was the DRM series.

Man of Honour
Another from my youth! Tricentrol Group 1 British Saloon Cars, when Capris, Rovers and MX7's ruled the roost and RWD sideways racing was what it was all about. The first race is a bit meh but I was at every single race this season and about mid season Rover turned up with a Vitesse version and all of sudden the Capri and Mazda were finished.

Crap quality, TERRIBLE commentary from Neville Hay who is a tool (WTF is a SHI CARNE)

Man of Honour
And now a great example of why, RWD and more power than a chassis can handle is what makes a great spectator sport.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Back when there was a little more* 'stock' in 'stock car racing'....

I love how the old big blocks sound :)

* - still hardly showroom fresh, but there's definitely more Dodge Polara going round the track here than there is Toyota Camry in the current Cup series!

Back
Top Bottom