Multi charger bedside thingy..

Soldato
I wouldn’t get the apple one, they just aren’t future proof. Sod spending that colour of money and they only work with 2 generations.
Why wouldn't it work going forward?

I'm still debating the Magsafe Duo. Am I right in thinking the Apple Watch can't wireless charge on anything that's not Magsafe approved? E.g. Qi chargers won't work?

Last edited:
Soldato
Why wouldn't it work going forward?

I'm still debating the Magsafe Duo. Am I right in thinking the Apple Watch can't wireless charge on anything that's not Magsafe approved? E.g. Qi chargers won't work?

The lastest phone doesn’t work great with it.

Best to get an apple certified one as well.

Honestly, just pick between the ones I said.

Soldato
It looks fantastic but the price tag is a bit steep! Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Even just a basic unpowered stand which lets me re-use my current cables/chargers would be fine if one exists?

It’s all relative too. By the time you’ve bought an iPhone, watch and AirPods you can easily get into the thick end of £2k. One of the few chargers (at the time I bought mine) that supported fast charging on the watch too.

If you just want a stand then I’ve no doubt any MagSafe stand will work fine.

Soldato
It’s all relative too. By the time you’ve bought an iPhone, watch and AirPods you can easily get into the thick end of £2k. One of the few chargers (at the time I bought mine) that supported fast charging on the watch too.

If you just want a stand then I’ve no doubt any MagSafe stand will work fine.

That's true and granted the Belkin charging stand does look good. I'd looked at a few similar non-branded stands on Amazon but some reviews said they caused the phones/watch to intermittently power off/on the display at times which would be annoying at night. Hence why I'd wondered if anyone recommended any specific models.

From my point I've just bought an Apple Watch SE so it feels a bit excessive spending nearly as much on a charging stand as I did on the watch!

Last edited:
Soldato
Cross post from the iphone 15 thread so only a couple of months old. Everything in the follow will still be up to date - I’d imagine as theres no way others have released better.

I’ve spent way to much time looking at this. I’ve got an anker cube FWIW and it’s amazing bit of kit.

So we’ve got 4 categories - we have 2-1 (just go to the model up if requiring a 3-1) 7.5w - 2-1 (similarly model up for the 3-1) 15w desk stand and portable battery 1 on 1 and the stand with apple magsafe - some of these are horrible.

That‘s the one I linked earlier, I’d recommend that one in the 2-1. If youre charging over night it’s irrelevant for £35 its a no brainer to me. You can also easily move it around as it’s also USB-C. Anker stuff are usually brilliant. Pretty much the only charging brand I’d use now. You can pay more and get a Satechi but at £65 it’s not worth it to me and the looks aren’t as sleek and nice.

If you want the fast charging and willing to pay the price at ~£100 the Belkin 2-1 is the way to go - It’s also a far sleeker looking, it’s what apple would make. Its also built for Magsafe if that type of thing floats your boat. Down side to me is it looks like it’s just got the built in plug so not as interchangeable, if youre planning on using it between desk and bed side table. The only other real option in this category is an otter box charger stand more expensive and not as nice for me but interchangeable so might be worth the extra if you need to move it around.

Moving on we’ve got a few options but i’m narrowing it down too two. Anker MagGo looks the bees knees to be honest I’ve got the battery pack on it’s own but looking into this has made me want to buy it. Annoying that it’s out of stock. It’s a great little battery pack and works perfectly, doesn’t even fall of in the pocket and isn’t that much room added on either. This Mophie Magsafe stand battery thing it kind of looks a bit awkward and weird looking and the fact it sticks out maybe annoying. Don’t think it would be very comfortable in the pocket.

And finally, I added this because it looks like its been based on the home pod mini which looks pretty funky - elago MS2 Charging Stand

Honourable mention just for the phone is this 7.5w otter stand.

Another option that wasn’t released at the time of the above post but now has is this - Belkin 2-1

Soldato
Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I have this one and highly rate it.

Belkin BOOST↑CHARGE™ PRO 2-in-1 Wireless Charging Dock with MagSafe

Some photos of it on my beside.

DSCF1284.jpg

DSCF1283.jpg

DSCF1282.jpg

Soldato
I'm currently looking for a couple of new MagSafe charging docks but its seems to be a minefield, is there really a difference between the named docks such as Belkin that go for over £100 compared to those you see advertised on Amazon with the same specs at around £30-40?

Soldato
I'm currently looking for a couple of new MagSafe charging docks but its seems to be a minefield, is there really a difference between the named docks such as Belkin that go for over £100 compared to those you see advertised on Amazon with the same specs at around £30-40?

Yes.

Without looking the £30-40 ones are very likely not MagSafe ones and just normal wireless charging ones. There are indeed a bit hit and miss though. Some will run super hot and/or cause your phone to be hot.

Back
Top Bottom