Poll: Music Streaming Debate

Which Music Streaming Service do you use?

• Tidal

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Spotify

Votes: 86 50.3%
  • Apple Music

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Amazon Music

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Deezer

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Qobuz

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • YouTube Music

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Soundcloud

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Google Play Music

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Associate
As a side note. wow, Apple Music on desktop is now amazing(Sound quality anyhow) for my ears far better than Spotify and YouTube music) and dare i say better than Amazon Music HD.

Anyhow it's more convenient for me as I use it on my phone and comes with my phone contract(Apple One) Also means i dont have to sub to another service.

Soldato
Starting to look at Roon after seeing it on "Darko Audio" youtube channel and a collegue mentioning it. I use iTunes as my media as I sync it to my iPhone for the car etc. Got a pretty big library, but the main content I add these days is Radio 1 Essential Mix content, been collecting the episodes since they started.

I'd run Roon from my QNAP TS-873A or from an ubuntu VM hosted on ESXi. Content is all located on my QNAP.

Other feeds are Amazon Music, Spotify free, Soundclound. Devices for playing content, Sonos devices including a Port wired into an Audiolab with Kef speakers. 2 x Apple TV 4K units wired into TVs and in the office Kef LSX speakers.

Last edited:
Soldato
As a side note. wow, Apple Music on desktop is now amazing(Sound quality anyhow) for my ears far better than Spotify and YouTube music) and dare i say better than Amazon Music HD.

Anyhow it's more convenient for me as I use it on my phone and comes with my phone contract(Apple One) Also means i dont have to sub to another service.

Just revisited the AM app on Windows and it's improved quite a lot since I last tried it out earlier this year. This was the only thing stopping me from switching to Apple Music but all good now.

Soldato

I use YT Music, but I think it's easy to say that anything else offers better quality. I don't think YT Music goes beyond 320kbps

Man of Honour
The silly thing about Amazon Music is you might be prime member, but you don't get Prime music, at least not the whole library unless you pay extra to get access to the full whack. Also it doesn't support importing your current library from other platforms, and youtube music just messes with your "watch" history algo and playlists because Google can't figure out how to separate the two away from YouTube video side of things.

So yeah, Spotify is superior especially for the AI playlist recommendations based on what you listen to which allows you to discover new songs and artists each month.

Could also be that the songs you heard before have a better mastered version on Apple Music, because the platform itself is, which would make sense since Apple Music got upgraded in its entirety to ALAC for devices supporting it, the entire catalogue which is quite neat. Hopefully Spotify don't drag their feet with enabling their version of lossless streaming but for now many well mastered albums on Spotify I've found to be indistinguishable from the locally stored FLAC versions I have.

Poor masters even on lossless sound poor, whilst great masters on even 192Kbps mp3 sound better than their lossless counterparts. It's all about the mastering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom