My 3rd H80i has died. Need new all in one cooler.

Associate
if a cooler has gone that many times, i would be more inclined to see what voltages your PSU was giving to it, (too less / too much could easily cause damage)

Soldato
I was looking at Antec Kúhler H2O 920 Series 4 cooler. Is that a good all in one cooler? I don't want the double fan version like the H100i. Only looking for one like the H80i with 120mm fans. Is their other brands out that even ocuk don't stock? The Antec Kúhler H2O 920 Series 4 is the only one here I liked.

Im currently using an Antec 620 v3 [4 came out a week after i got it!], i replaced the stock fan as thought it was a bit crappy (push/pull with 2x fractal design 120mm R2's) 30c or less "idle"[web browsing etc], 55-60 Gaming, 65 prime 95 full load stress test

Its quiet and does me great! on my i5 3570k @4.4 so can only imagine the 920 would be much of the same but better?

Soldato
I think these air coolers are easily the worst product line that Corsair have ever produced.
Air coolers????:eek:

All this time I thought it was am AIO CLC (All in One Closed Loop Cooler) using water. :confused:

Guess one of us has lost their grasp on reality. :D

After watching Corsair screw-ups for last couple of years and being stung with noisy fans TX 650 and TX750 PSU's that they claim have "ultra-quiet, 140mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow with exceptionally low noise levels" that can be heard 2-3 meter away at idle, I foolishly bought 5 of their USB sticks.. 2 were defective... should have expected it..
*The said to RMA them. :)
*And wanted me to pay tracked international post to Netherands.:eek:
*Told them no and quoted SOGA so they told me to call California and they would have them picked up.. have free international calling so did.
*Packaged and pickup by UPS and notice of arrival from UPS the next day:)
*Corsair says 3-5 day turn around so I waited 10 days and nothing.. Check RMA tracking and find they were never logged in at Corsair:eek:
*Call Corsair again and after explaining it all a couple of time they finally figure it out and I should have replacements in a couple of days. :)
*Few days later package arrives and guess what.. more screw-up.. only one stick not the two I sent back in their individual display case.:mad:
(have heard of people RMA'ing H100 and getting H80 sent back)
*Call Corsair again and they first tried to tell me I needed to file a complaint and I said no, that I did exactly as they told me both on their forum and on phone and quoted their statement.. "Oh, well let me check" they say.. and a couple minutes later they said they would send me my missing stick. :rolleyes:
*It arrived 2 days later.

So it took be 3 days to get the RMA sorted to start, 15 days to get screwed up replacement and another 3 days to get it sorted.. That's 3 weeks for what should have taken 7-9days!

Sure glad it wasn't a cooler. ;)

Needless to say I won't buy from Corsair again, probably never ever again.

At least the PSU's still work.
But I'm using an Enermax now. :D

Permabanned
OP
Sorry to hear about your problems with corsair doyll. I'm starting to feel that myself about them. I won't buy another corsair product until they have sorted their R&D out. I just bought a antec 920. I can only hope that works better?

Soldato
From what I've read the Antec 920 is good.

The new Swiftech H220 is now out too. It's AIO but not CLC. You can open it up and added more blocks, extra radiator, etc. and has a 6watt PWM controlled pump too. That's about 4-5 times the CLC pump wattage.

You have trust mail

Permabanned
OP
From what I've read the Antec 920 is good.

The new Swiftech H220 is now out too. It's AIO but not CLC. You can open it up and added more blocks, extra radiator, etc. and has a 6watt PWM controlled pump too. That's about 4-5 times the CLC pump wattage.

You have trust mail

I looked at that cooler it won't fit in mu case because of the large heatsink on the top of my motherboard. Otherwise I would've bought that cooler in a heart beat. Thanks for that though. I appreciate it mate:)

Permabanned
OP
That's a bummer about the pump / heatsink interference.

I know right. I couldn't even install a new fan because the corsair fan isn't very good on the 600t. Got a new fan, but it wouldn't fit all because of that heatsink on the mobo. I love my mobo I wouldn't get rid of it just because I can't install a cooler or fan. Oh well I'm sure the antec 920 will work good enough:)

Soldato
I'm sure it will.
I can see you rubbing your hands together dreaming of adding a block on your GPU and thinking if that's not enough I can add another radiator... Then curling up in a ball crying on the floor when you find out the block/pump won't fit. l)
Hope you had your comfort whatever handy. :D

Permabanned
OP
I'm sure it will.
I can see you rubbing your hands together dreaming of adding a block on your GPU and thinking if that's not enough I can add another radiator... Then curling up in a ball crying on the floor when you find out the block/pump won't fit. l)
Hope you had your comfort whatever handy. :D

lol....I sure have:D

Associate
Um, so I just bought and installed a Corsair H80i. It's working fine now. Bit worried by the suggestions in this thread that its an unreliable bit of kit. Will have to wait and see I suppose :(

Permabanned
OP
Um, so I just bought and installed a Corsair H80i. It's working fine now. Bit worried by the suggestions in this thread that its an unreliable bit of kit. Will have to wait and see I suppose :(

Mine worked fine too until all the issues. I went through 3 of them I wont be buying anymore H80i's. I bought the antec 920 with 2 Akasa Apache Black PWN fans today. I hear the stock fans are very loud. When Corsair fix their issues I might come back.

Good luck with your H80i:)

Soldato
I just read that the antec 920's LED light stays on after you power down. Is this true? If it is I guess I would have to deal with it. Oh we'll it couldn't be any worse the h80i.

I would only think that could be the case if the LED is powered by the USB connection and your mainboard has the USB 'offline charging' feature. Quite a fair few mainboards do these days.

Permabanned
OP
I would only think that could be the case if the LED is powered by the USB connection and your mainboard has the USB 'offline charging' feature. Quite a fair few mainboards do these days.

Is there a way to shut it off? I did read that some guy said it would stay on for a hour after shut down then turn off? I'll wait until I install it and if I have issues I'll post a thread here. I'll be installing it tomorrow.

Soldato
Is there a way to shut it off? I did read that some guy said it would stay on for a hour after shut down then turn off? I'll wait until I install it and if I have issues I'll post a thread here. I'll be installing it tomorrow.

From what I've read on various sources, options to disable the 'offline charging' seem mainboard dependent. I have an older Gigagbyte and I can't turn it off. Newer gigabyte boards only have a certain header with OLC enabled (if I've read right) allowing users to connect equipment without it being constantly powered.

Back
Top Bottom