My Ultimate entry to the Braggin' Rights 2002 competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Everythin else is worthy of bragging rights but the Origin-Blue I can be beaten!!! May I present the Morpheous Roadpilot:

roadpilot.gif

Large touch screen LCD for ease of use
Second generation GPS for extreme accuracy.
Collision hotspot warnings (user selectable).
Locates all speed cameras.
School safety alerts (user selectable).
Revolutionary RADAR Anti false alarming with RADAR option.
Uses USB interface as standard, using internet to update
Modem Interface / Serial Interface and GPRS interface options.

Also has details of hotels, schools, hospitals and all sorts all on database :)

Associate
just for argument's sake:

why are these systems better than a laptop with autoroute 2003/2002? I've seen them selling for higher prices than a laptop in some cases, which seemed ridiculous given the size of the screen, level of detail compared to autoroute

I drove out in europe last week with a laptop and it was brilliant, jsut had it on the passenger seat with the screen open and charging off the ciggy lighter

What are the benefits of these little ones? GPS is available on the laptop too for £70 so i can't see too much benefits and a laptop has many other uses too :confused:

Soldato
Originally posted by adwhitworth
Everythin else is worthy of bragging rights but the Origin-Blue I can be beaten!!! May I present the Morpheous Roadpilot:

roadpilot.gif

Large touch screen LCD for ease of use
Second generation GPS for extreme accuracy.
Collision hotspot warnings (user selectable).
Locates all speed cameras.
School safety alerts (user selectable).
Revolutionary RADAR Anti false alarming with RADAR option.
Uses USB interface as standard, using internet to update
Modem Interface / Serial Interface and GPRS interface options.

Also has details of hotels, schools, hospitals and all sorts all on database :)

This kind of gizmo is okay if you don't own a posh Garmin StreetPilot. The Garmin is a fully functional GPS roadmap of the whole of Europe and contains all the details of printed roadmaps. It plots your course, tells you when to make a turn by talking to you, tells you what exit to take on a roundabout, has hotels, B&B, hospitals, parks, in fact everything listed. Type in a postcode and you can route to it. I never look at the Garmin when driving, I just listen for the voice directions and if I should get lost am rerouted back onto my route. If satellite reception is lost the route is easily viewable until satellite reception comes online again. Even the black and white version is far superior to AutoRoute, making for safer driving and not having to stop to consult a paper map. Being tracked in real time, even off road, is a great asset and a boon, carrying hextremely Posh Bragging Rights. I love my GPS.

I looked into getting the above in favour of the Origin, but for £100 more all you get is a watered down GPS which I simply don't need. It's very basic in the GPS stakes. The GPS function is useful for those who don't have one, though, and I'd have purchased it if I didn't have the Garmin. At the same time I think AutoRoute would be a better option than the diluted GPS offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom