My Volvo S60 D5 Sport

Soldato
If it hasn't then you really shouldn't run the car on runflats. You would have no way of knowing if the tyre goes flat. Runflats are only rated for 50 miles at 50mph, and whilst the sidewalls are stiff enough to keep the tyre running, the handling characteristics with low or no pressure will be different.

Caporegime
I just leave mine on. Does mean you chew through headlight bulbs. Mine last on average about 4 months, as they are on 24/7

Theres also another problem that because Volvo designed them to be on all the time. They never put a chime in that reminds you that you've left your lights on. So if you did have the option removed. You'd have to always remember yourself to turn them off, as there is no noise to warn you that you've left them on.

Soldato
Theres also another problem that because Volvo designed them to be on all the time. They never put a chime in that reminds you that you've left your lights on. So if you did have the option removed. You'd have to always remember yourself to turn them off, as there is no noise to warn you that you've left them on.

Dipped headlights go off with the key taken out of position II, you can't leave them on even with DRLs disabled.

Of course, if you leave the switch in the parking lights position, the position lamps will be on without an audible warning, but you can do this anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom