• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Naughty AMD. 5700

Man of Honour
AMD has released the 5700 non x version which most consumers will think it a slightly underclocked 5700x going buy previous CPU history.

WRONG.

The 5700 has 16mb L3 cache, half the 32mb L3 cache the 5700x has and is only pcie3 making it more like a 5700g.

This has an impact on gaming So buyer beware.

Review.

Last edited:
Associate
The moment I saw the thumbnail I assumed it was going to be a G cpu. I agree with steve though, they should have named it GF or something.

Soldato
If I saw the name 5700 without seeing this, I'd automatically assume it wasn't gimped. The 5600 doesn't suffer this problem.
Really poor move.
AMD are not anyone's friends, and really should stop competing with Intel in the "worst named product" category.

Soldato
Definitely a practice that should be stopped imo. Same with GPU's when 2 versions having different amounts of VRAM but the same model number and actually end up having different amounts of cores.

Your uninformed buyer are going to assume it's just the memory that's different.

Back
Top Bottom