Need a RUBBISH network switch...!

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Hey all,

Got a strange one - my tado thermostat has started playing up randomly and looking online there's lots of posts (including tado themselves) who say that because they use an aging half duplex network style, it can cause issues with newer switches who are discontinuing this.

Their suggestion is to get a cheap 100mbps half duplex switch, connect the tado bridge to this and it'll resolve.

This sounds bonkers, but can anyone tell me how I can get one or check my existing ones?? I've got various old switches, but pretty sure I'd have gone with gig speeds even 10 years ago?!

I've tried looking online, but almost everything seems to be 1000mbps (no surprise!)

Any help appreciated!

Man of Honour
Ah good shout - yes, have a UDM Pro, so should allow.
Clean-Shot-2024-05-09-at-09-26-03.png

Man of Honour
Most unmanaged switches would negotiate down so there might not be a requirement to set it manually. Either my Hive or Hue runs at 10 Mbps as an example on my USW Pro 24.

Associate
FWIW, my Tado Bridge is connected directly to my UDM Pro, and the port is set to 'Automatically Negotiate'. So it's perhaps something specific to your bridge/setup which is the issue?

Associate
OP
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
FWIW, my Tado Bridge is connected directly to my UDM Pro, and the port is set to 'Automatically Negotiate'. So it's perhaps something specific to your bridge/setup which is the issue?
Yes, it ended up being the UDM/U6 Pros. The tado is notoriously poorly coded, so it doesn't handle odd conditions well at all (or degrade gracefully) but this was a very weird issue on the UDM side.

Raised with support and they shared a pre release firmware fix that resolved immediately....

Associate
Yes, it ended up being the UDM/U6 Pros. The tado is notoriously poorly coded, so it doesn't handle odd conditions well at all (or degrade gracefully) but this was a very weird issue on the UDM side.

Raised with support and they shared a pre release firmware fix that resolved immediately....
Glad it's sorted! :)

Back
Top Bottom