Need VmWare vSphere Client 5.5 for old Esxi server

Soldato
Url on the web-ui of Esxi (server from 2013/14) points to a dead url.

kankervmware.png

Does anyone know where you can download vSpehre client 5.5 for windows?
I really need to reconfigure some old VM's.

Somehow all the links I can find on the net are dead. So annoying as I can't manage the VM's properly now. This is a version of Esxi before you could do anything via the web-ui.

Last edited:
Soldato
You should be able to get it from here:

This is older than Midas though, definitely upgrade to a newer version if you can.

Alternatively, this is unofficial and might be against the rules to post, so Mods please remove if necessary.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You should be able to get it from here:

This is older than Midas though, definitely upgrade to a newer version if you can.

Alternatively, this is unofficial and might be against the rules to post, so Mods please remove if necessary.

Nope, official site says not allowed even if I create an account.

2nd website I already found myself, but all download links are dead.

It's annoying how devs say end of life to products which work perfectly fine, I can't waste the time to upgrade to a newer version of esxi, but I need to change the network settings and grab soem data on some of the VM's on the server and also turn some VM's off to reassign resources.

Security is not any consideration, this is a local physical network used to test some old legacy software that needs to interface with a lot of hardware over LAN, there is no internet gateway and no internet connection...
In this case I need to boot up an old server 2008 instance which somehow fails to be reachable via RDP to change ip address, and pull a database backup off it.
But there are other VM's taking up all the resources on the server.

Anyhow, long story short, one of my work colleages still had the client installed on his laptop, hopefully he can help me, I will try to find my old pc tomorrow and see if I have the MSI there.

VMware are such ***** for taking down essential software. Upgrading to newer versions costs time and money and there is no reason for an offline solution...

Last edited:
Soldato
VMware are such ***** for taking down essential software. Upgrading to newer versions costs time and money and there is no reason for an offline solution...

Yeah, thankfully you don't work anywhere I do :) Use esxcli if you don't have the software. Imagine if we didn't have progress for software/hardware. But hey, glad you managed to get it resolved.

I can download it from the website no problem, so must be an issue your end.

bInYuzl.png

Soldato
OP
Yeah, thankfully you don't work anywhere I do :) Use esxcli if you don't have the software. Imagine if we didn't have progress for software/hardware. But hey, glad you managed to get it resolved.

I can download it from the website no problem, so must be an issue your end.

bInYuzl.png
Hmmm, that is odd, I've tried multiple browsers, internet connections (home, office, mobile) and for me none of them work.

Soldato
OP
Managed to do what I wanted via the CLI in the end by opening SSH on Esxi...

Still, this took way to much time. I think some software licence tactics are digusting.

Back
Top Bottom