NEST install

Soldato
you need to follow the wires back to where ever they go, then if this is not the boiler follow them again. (it will eventually end up at the boiler) then wire as per my instructions earlier.

looking at the initial picture you need to connect brown wire to point 2 on heat link and black to 3 on heat link(leave grey and earth as they are) you'll then need to run a separate cable for live/neutral from heatlink back to the boiler.

how close to the boiler is that thermo?

It's over 25ft away by his previous post. Running extra cabling my not be required at all, all depending on if the person who installed the current stat cut out the grey core at the connection point (they didn't at the stat, so it's a good bet they didn't)

Worth checking before he runs extra cabling.

Soldato
It's over 25ft away by his previous post. Running extra cabling my not be required at all, all depending on if the person who installed the current stat cut out the grey core at the connection point (they didn't at the stat, so it's a good bet they didn't)

Worth checking before he runs extra cabling.

yeah good point. if that goes back to a neutral then he can connect that to the neutral and link the live and common on the heat link

Soldato
Hi all,

sorry for going on a tangent everyone, but if I wanted to get someone ‘in’ to install this, is it best going for an electrician or are gas engineers suitable too?

I dont have a thermostat on my existing boiler and I quite like the idea of combining this with the carbon monoxide/fire alarms too.

Sorry for asking a daft question.

Associate
Hey guys

Saw what you did a few years ago and wonder if you could help me...

I have a two zone system. See pictures of boiler, at the zone terminals and at both thermostats.

How can I install the wiring for nest? Hoping to have 3rd gen and 2nd gen on a zone each. Providing power to it on my wall near the front entrance. Or is it possible to have just one nest and it work the entire house, eliminating the zones?

Please let me know if anyone can help me set it up!

Danny

Associate
Hi can anyone help me I have a danfussthermostat with 2 wires 1 brown/live and 1 black witch should be neutral there’s a gray wire not used and earth not used my new thermostat has connection 1/L1 2/N1 says load above 3/N 4/L 5 and 6 NTC the problem I’ve got when connecting live brown in 4/L and black in 3/N the thermostat power’s on boiler sounds like it’s firing up but don’t just keeps trying to any help would be great thanks

Back
Top Bottom