** NEW ANTEC AIO COOLERS **

Associate
How did your install go Numpsy?

Getting the cpu block screwed in was a bit of a pain (holding the block in place and getting the first screw in need a bit of force!), but fine otherwise - nice how it doesn't fill up the whole case!

As far as noise goes, I can't hear the pump when the fans are running at standard speed, but if I set them to Quiet mode on Gigabyte software then I can hear a buzz over the top of the fans(not very loud, just stands out a bit).

I haven't had chance to have a real go at overclocking it yet, but the gigabyte auto overclocking app took it up to 4.2ghz and hit around 50c while doing it.

This is using it with the stock fans - haven't tried others yet.
Actually, I'm thinking about getting a pair of Orange Phanteks PH-F120SP LED ones to go with the case lighting, not sure how they compare for effectiveness though?

Soldato

Ordered for a new Skylake build.

Hopefully these are a lot better than the other makes that I have had!

Last edited:
Associate
Purchased a 1200, got to say it was really awkward to fit and i doubt i would have done it without my friend holding it in place!

All fitted though its a great cooler, and temps are nice and low as are noise levels!

Would recommend for price :)

Associate
Admittedly they can be a bit fiddly to fit, but once done, these coolers surpass the performance of all others in this class.

Purchased one of these last Tuesday, I found installation very straightforward and had no issues. Extremely pleased with how cool it's keeping my CPU so I'm definitely going to push my overclock a bit further this week. I would recommend one of these to anyone, excellent price and performance!

Soldato
Bought an H600 and put it inside my Sugo SG 13B and the one recommendation I would make to anyone is to replace the stock fan(s).

I suppose it all depends on the limitations of your Motherboard etc but the lowest I could get the fan to run at lower temps was 1500rpm and to be honest they were clearly audible.

Swapped it out for a Corsair SF fan and that's resolved the issue, overall though it performs well for the money and I must admit the pump is practically silent.

Caporegime
Yep, 2350rpm sp's. I had theese on my k2 air cooler, just reused them as they looked better. Tbh I've never used antec fans, the pair that came with the cooler are still in the box.

Caporegime
Yellow bits on the mobo do look a bit off though. But cant really complain much when it was part of a cheap bundle, (£400.00 for board, cpu, ram and a 128gb ssd). Could have got an R5E but that would have been another £100.00.

Cant fault the 1200 though. Nice and quiet well made if a bit awkward to fit. And this coming from someone who has always been sceptical about AIO's.

Soldato
Yellow bits on the mobo do look a bit off though. But cant really complain much when it was part of a cheap bundle, (£400.00 for board, cpu, ram and a 128gb ssd). Could have got an R5E but that would have been another £100.00.

Cant fault the 1200 though. Nice and quiet well made if a bit awkward to fit. And this coming from someone who has always been sceptical about AIO's.

which other AIO have you used and how does it compare to them?

Man of Honour
Aside from requiring a bit of dexterity to fit/manipulate the block and radiator at the same time they are usually easier to install and put less strain on the motherboard than the big tower heatsinks - but performance may not be hugely different and the big tower coolers can often be run quieter with a single low speed fan unless you are clocking significantly.

I've actually got the Zalman FX70 Passive on my 4820K at the moment as I had one lying around and was getting fed up with the pump whine and fan failure on my AIO and idle temps are pretty much identical and its only about 1-2C more under load.

Soldato
Aside from requiring a bit of dexterity to fit/manipulate the block and radiator at the same time they are usually easier to install and put less strain on the motherboard than the big tower heatsinks - but performance may not be hugely different and the big tower coolers can often be run quieter with a single low speed fan unless you are clocking significantly.

I've actually got the Zalman FX70 Passive on my 4820K at the moment as I had one lying around and was getting fed up with the pump whine and fan failure on my AIO and idle temps are pretty much identical and its only about 1-2C more under load.

Thanks. I tried a Corsair H50 in the past and must admit hearing the rush of air going through the radiator was a bit annoying when just browsing the web (think the fan ran a constant speed). Am pleased with a huge tower Noctua in terms of noise and cooling but in a small case PC I'm building want to keep weight down and noise as low as possible when the system isn't under load. Cooling I don't mind if the same as an air cooler.

Back
Top Bottom