New Case

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Hi all,

I am building my self a new PC and am looking at getting the Antec P180 Advanced Super Midi Tower Case for it as I want a case that is low noise and good cooling but I am not into flashy looking cases.

Anyone out their got this case and can comment on what it's like?

Thanks in advance for you help. :)

J.T

J.T

Soldato
OP
Just been through that thread, I am slightly put off by the weight issue as I will be taking it to Lan events now and then.

I am looking at the Antec P150 Quiet PC Case now instead, although i dont know if it will be any lighter.

Thanks again for the help :)

J.T

J.T

Soldato
OP
The PC7 is a nice looking case, but I am after something that is as sliant as possible with good cooling.

Reason being my PC is in the front room at home and my better half hates the sound of the PC when she is wathing the Tele :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
The pc7 can be made very quite with buying of fans.

Its the same with most cases, just because the p180 etc are marketed as silent dont mean that no others can be.

My v1000+ can be silent when I feel like it :p And a pc7 (120mm x2 fans) is very easy to keep the noise down in.

It is well worth a look.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
OP
Yes, that was the case I hade my heart set on in the first place, then I made the mistake of showing them to my better half and she said something along the lines of "you not getting a black case!"......oh well :(

Also I just brought a Samsung 960BF TFT which is White/Silver (ish) so i guess it would look better over all to have a light coloured (white or silver) case.

Soldato
If you have that sort of monitor, you should really consider the subtle styling of the Lian Li, the brushed aluminium on them is simply stunning in person.

Soldato
Yeh then you have to make sure everything fits.... bla bla bla....

Im not a SFF man myself so will never understand why people buy SFF to go in places a normal pc would be fine.

But then again they are cute :p

J.T

J.T

Soldato
OP
I will not be going with Micro-ATX, I already have a Shuttle system which I am keeping as well so no need for another small PC.

I wont be getting the Case for a while yet as I am waiting for the new ATI 1900 range of Graphics cards to come out as I may get two of them.

Will be looknig to completing the new PC by the middile of Feb.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
OP
I may just get one graphics card at first, the point is I have in my budget enough cash for two and I thought well why the hell not, at least they will last longer. :p

Back
Top Bottom