*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

Associate
Does anyone know where to get a "transparent" side cover for this R2, as want to "show off" the interiors with cool UV lights, et al?

Any ideas?

(NB. Cutting the original side cover and putting a perspex cover on, is out of the question, as I don't want to mutilate it and want to save it for later (i.e. maybe sell, one day, etc).

Ta!

Associate
Does anyone know where to get a "transparent" side cover for this R2, as want to "show off" the interiors with cool UV lights, et al?

Any ideas?

(NB. Cutting the original side cover and putting a perspex cover on, is out of the question, as I don't want to mutilate it and want to save it for later (i.e. maybe sell, one day, etc).

Ta!

I don't think you'll find any for sale at stores/websites - but I reckon your best best would be to contact Fractal Design directly.

Ps. Just found this pretty nice build log using a R2 case:
» http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=179581

Associate
guys,

I have a seasonic x650, bit worried because a previous post indicated this psu is too big for this case. Can anyone explain please? iv only just bought it don't really want to replace it!
thanks.

Associate
guys,

I have a seasonic x650, bit worried because a previous post indicated this psu is too big for this case. Can anyone explain please? iv only just bought it don't really want to replace it!
thanks.

I don't see a problem there? Usually most PSU comes in a standardized size format. [Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know].

I think the only thing that are different are PSU's characteristics, such as...the wattage and amperage, etc. All cables the same, everything dimensions also the same, whatever.

If it were any bigger, in physical size, then there'd be problems for the PSU manufacturers and none may fit into "universally" accepted PSU dimensions. This is why people have some holes pre-drilled for motherboards, in 3 different formats, AT, AT-X and Slimeline?

Hope this helps?

Soldato
Well it came here yesterday, fitted it all in and my lord. This case is beyond quiet, I can't hear any parts going on inside there. :p It looks amazing too. The cable management is years ahead of my little cm elite 335. I have nothing special hardware wise yet though but it's still funking awesome.

Associate
I'm liking my case so far.. Part-way through my first build (Im too busy to get it done, and its driving me nuts!!) But has anyone found fitting a fan into the bottom covers a couple of connections on the PSU? I've moved the 120mm down there but 2 of the connections are to close to cable up.. Hoping I won't need to use them yet!!

Associate
guys,

thanks.

Hi I was the one who owns a seasonic 650 x gold and had this case, the problem was that the fan of the psu did not line up with the cases intake and making the 120mm fan of the psu blocked by 25%. The seasonic is the smallest as they come for psu and this is why I could not understand why the case psu intake did not line up.

It may not be a problem for the psu but to be honest I was not taking any chances and returned the case for that reason and other reasons but I am very very happy with the case I got to replace it

it's up to you maybe I was expecting to much but at the end of the day the instale should have lined up withrhe psus fan.

Associate
The fan controller on mine was broken when I received it, Fractal advised me to contact their importer, which I did yesterday afternoon. A new fan controller + cabling arrived this morning! It's good to know that the purchase is backed by such excellent support. :)

Associate
Think I have a problem!... I have this case, an I7 d0 920 and a Gigabyte GA-EX58UD5..... and an H50. But the mother board doesn't fit and I think its the back plate from the H50. Anyone else got this set up, am I doing something wrong or is it because of the cut-out on the back not being quite big enough?!

Bits of 'puter all over my floor, mother board out of box and case... GGrrrr

Associate
Think I have a problem!... I have this case, an I7 d0 920 and a Gigabyte GA-EX58UD5..... and an H50. But the mother board doesn't fit and I think its the back plate from the H50. Anyone else got this set up, am I doing something wrong or is it because of the cut-out on the back not being quite big enough?!

Bits of 'puter all over my floor, mother board out of box and case... GGrrrr

Er.... never mind. NOOOOB, but Im not telling you what the problem was! :S

Associate
By the way I contacted Fractal Design re: spare side panels and they referred me to a 'silent' competitor who will sell them for £8+vat +postage. PM me for details.

Back
Top Bottom