*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

Associate
I went with grey as a compromise, I think it's really nice. In my opinion, black makes it a bit featureless, but silver would be too much of a contrast. Here's mine:
1265542935_19_FT0_p1000069.jpg

Associate
Just ordered one of these as a replacement for a chieftec black dragon :) Should be a noticeable upgrade I think .
I do like to get my monies worth out of things :D

Associate
My system has an E8400 oc'd to 3.8ghz with H50 cooler, 3 hard drives, 1 optical drive, an 8800gt, a 520w corsair modular psu, and brilliant cable management. I've currently got the following arrangement of cooling in my case:

• 2 x Fractal Design 140mm as top exhausts
  • 2 x Fractal Design 120mm as front intakes
  • 1 x Corsair 120mm + 1 x Red Wing 120mm in push-pull config on the H50 as rear intake
Putting my hand into certain spaces in the system, I can't feel much airflow, doesn't seem to be much air shifting around the case OR exhausting out from the top.. I get CPU temps of around 35degrees at idle.

Today I finished a build for someone else in an Antec 300 and with just stock fans (1 x 120mm rear exhaust, 1 x 120mm top exhaust) set to low, the case seemed so much cooler. CoreTemp showed temps of 25-29degrees on the CPU. This was, however, using the stock AMD cooler with X3 425 cpu, 1 hard drive, 1 optical drive, a 450w Corsair PSU and no graphics card.

The difference in case temperature just seems so great, I was wondering how I could improve. The case is obviously aimed for silence (all the padding, heavy build, etc) and as are the fans. Should I consider replacing the fans? I've thought about getting some Apache Blacks in there, but also worried about the noise :p very contradictory I know, but no harm in aiming for the perfect balance.

Ps. 420 posts f t w ;]

Last edited:
Associate
for a start for push pull you should have 2 of the same fans otherwise you are disrupting the airflow and could make temps worse if anything and from all the reviews i have seen and things the airflow is better in the fractal over the 300 onlt other thign you can do is check that all fans are on full when checking cus 300 fans are permenant full if i think right and fractal ones on your mobo would only be on full when on full load so try it then

Associate
I have 1xfractal and 1x sharkoon silent eagle front intake. 1xFractal back exhaust and 1xsharkoon silent eagle top exhaust. A Megahalems wih 2xapache s-flow blades on it. My system seems quite loud at the moment. Is there something I can adjust to lower the noise levels?

oh and a corsair 850 modular psu.

Associate
If I wanted to have 8 x 7200rpm SATA-II hard drives in this case, along with a ATI 4890 and a Corei7 overclocked to 4GHz, what PSU would people recommend?

I'm leaning towards the Corsair HX850, with its 90% efficiency, but I'm wondering if I need to go to 1kW or even higher.

Associate
If I wanted to have 8 x 7200rpm SATA-II hard drives in this case, along with a ATI 4890 and a Corei7 overclocked to 4GHz, what PSU would people recommend?

I'm leaning towards the Corsair HX850, with its 90% efficiency, but I'm wondering if I need to go to 1kW or even higher.

850W would be fine. HDDs aren't in the same league of power-consumption as other hardware.

Soldato
I'm not in a position to say that, but I know it's the best case I've ever owned (or used as the base of a build for others). ;)

+1.

I have just built a new system and this case is fantastic. Great for cable management, good cooling, very silent. Have ordered another 140mm fan for it. The case looks so slick too. Definitely would recommend.

Associate
I'm replacing all of my Fractal Design 120mm and 140mm fans with some Xigmatek ones (silent, high cfm, blue fins with white LED). Will post pics when done ^^

Back
Top Bottom