** NEW GIGABYTE ULTRAFORCE 9xx SERIES LAPTOPS!! **

Associate
Meh I'm swinging back towards gt72 now. Better thermals, noise and dedicated IGP switch (no optimus!) means I have to pay more. Shame the panel is not IPS. Will still keep an eye on the videos for this gigabyte offering.

Associate
How likely is it that pre-orders will be available 31/10 even if it meant collecting? I'm flying to SA on business 2 days later and would love to take one of these with me.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
How likely is it that pre-orders will be available 31/10 even if it meant collecting? I'm flying to SA on business 2 days later and would love to take one of these with me.

Hi Blytz,

Delivery schedule is difficult to call to the exact day, based on current info you may be able to collect around this day, however I suggest asking a bit nearer the time to be on safe side.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Is the 1080p screen the same 1080p screen as the v2 or a new 1080p panel?

Hi Jb7,

We have used a number of different panels on the P35 range this year, but the panel for these V3 laptops is the higher spec wide viewing angle panels that have been used previously.

Hope that helps,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Really trying to myself into saving the money and getting one with the 970m, but I'm struggling.

Would like to see some benchies for both and maybe even overclocking potential. If these mobile parts overclock the the desktop parts then I think I may get away with the 970......

Associate
Argghhh

The monitor resolution should have been 2560x1440 not 2880x1620 :(

I was thinking I could ditch the main PC. Then use the laptop by itself when working away from home and the laptop with the Asus swift when at home.

Would the laptop be able to run G-sync when coupled with the Swift?

Associate
Hello,

Very interested in this model. I have a few important questions to ask before placing a preorder:

1) Does the P35X v3 have an 180W power supply, 150W power supply or 120W power supply? I have seen conflicting information online about this but can find no official information on OC UK website or Gigabyte's website. This is hugely important factor to me.
2) Have any small tweaks or minor alterations been made at all to the chassis since the previous model (which I believe was the P35W v2)? Some reviews complained of keyboard flex in the previous models.
3) Also wondering if the internal cooling system was updated since previous models, just because I am slightly concerned whether the cooling system can handle the heat produced by the GTX 980M?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello,

Very interested in this model. I have a few important questions to ask before placing a preorder:

1) Does the P35X v3 have an 180W power supply, 150W power supply or 120W power supply? I have seen conflicting information online about this but can find no official information on OC UK website or Gigabyte's website. This is hugely important factor to me.
2) Have any small tweaks or minor alterations been made at all to the chassis since the previous model (which I believe was the P35W v2)? Some reviews complained of keyboard flex in the previous models.
3) Also wondering if the internal cooling system was updated since previous models, just because I am slightly concerned whether the cooling system can handle the heat produced by the GTX 980M?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Cakefissh,

We have spoken to headquarters to get clarification on all your questions from the product management and R&D teams:

1) - Power supply is 180w for this model

2) - everyone's typing style/method is different, so feedback varies. However, we have taken on board some customer's views and yes, this V3 model has been modified to further strengthen the chassis

3) - Because this is a slim chassis, yes the cooling system has also been improved to ensure it can comfortably manage the GTX980m card

We trust this information meets and exceeds your expectations and gives you the confidence to place your pre-order.

Thanks for your enquiry and if you have any further question please let us know.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Why? That wouldn't then be standard 3k resolution would it..? :confused:

Sorry but what's standard about 3k anyway?

I'd rather it be a normal monitor res so I don't have to constantly change my game settings. Hell 4k would be preferable over 3k. The plan was for it to be a desktop replacement.

I've now avoided the GS60 because of all the 3k res.

Humour me and list all the advantages I would have with a 3k resolution instead of 1440p?

On top of the hassle of having to switch resolutions back and forth 1440p would have been easier for the GPU to run.

Caporegime

I'd rather it be a normal monitor res so I don't have to constantly change my game settings. Hell 4k would be preferable over 3k. The plan was for it to be a desktop replacement.

Humour me and list all the advantages I would have with a 3k resolution instead of 1440p?

On top of the hassle of having to switch resolutions back and forth 1440p would have been easier for the GPU to run.

Who needs to humour you? You asked why it could be a resolution that is not the standard 3k on all 3k resolution laptops, so it was in essence just a silly question. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Who needs to humour you? You asked why it could be a resolution that is not the standard 3k on all current laptops, so it was in essence just a silly question.

Well I'm allowed to voice my annoyance at the fact that laptop manufacturers are using that res.

I actually think the GIGABYTE P35X v3-CF1 was a really nice spec for the money but the stupid 3k res made it a no go. Hell if it had been 1080p I would have been far more likely to have went for it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Additionally I never even asked a question. Just stated a resolution I would have preferred.

Pretty clear from the context what I meant. :)

Anyway to get back on topic, can't wait for reviews of these.

Associate
Hi Cakefissh,

We have spoken to headquarters to get clarification on all your questions from the product management and R&D teams:

1) - Power supply is 180w for this model

2) - everyone's typing style/method is different, so feedback varies. However, we have taken on board some customer's views and yes, this V3 model has been modified to further strengthen the chassis

3) - Because this is a slim chassis, yes the cooling system has also been improved to ensure it can comfortably manage the GTX980m card

We trust this information meets and exceeds your expectations and gives you the confidence to place your pre-order.

Thanks for your enquiry and if you have any further question please let us know.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Thank you very much for the speedy reply! That definitely all sounds good to me!

1) I know this is a very specific question (if I don't try and ask, I'll never know) but is there information on how the cooling system has been upgraded compared to P35W v2? - I don't mean all the really detailed jargon but simply; is there larger fans, more heatpipes, better quality heatsinks or something else along those lines? Again, I know that is a very in-depth question (sorry!).

2) Also, I am planning to upgrade my notebook once I have it in my hands by adding an extra stick of RAM and replacing the HDD with an SSD. Do I void the warranty if I take off the bottom panel in order to upgrade said components (assuming no damage was caused)?

Thanks again.

Associate
Please can I add my own weight behind Cakefish's question below:
1) I know this is a very specific question (if I don't try and ask, I'll never know) but is there information on how the cooling system has been upgraded compared to P35W v2? - I don't mean all the really detailed jargon but simply; is there larger fans, more heatpipes, better quality heatsinks or something else along those lines? Again, I know that is a very in-depth question (sorry!).
I would like to ask if the improved cooling solution is only on the P35X, or if the P35W v3 also has this improved cooling solution?

Many thanks for your time.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Well I'm allowed to voice my annoyance at the fact that laptop manufacturers are using that res.

I actually think the GIGABYTE P35X v3-CF1 was a really nice spec for the money but the stupid 3k res made it a no go. Hell if it had been 1080p I would have been far more likely to have went for it.

There will be a version with a standard FHD screen, just arriving after these first launch skus.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom