New iPod Video coming soon!

Soldato
dont get me wrong i love the idea, i just dunno if its gunno be well executed, if it is, its mine. i have othere worries too, if they can only power video for 2hours on a 1.5 inch whats it gonna be on a 3.5? and i hope in the next one after this we get portable tv, that would be SWEET EDIT: isnt this meant to have wifi too, i hope they get good batteries, or hop swap ones.

Last edited:
Associate
lets hope they sort out that little issue of the screen scratching easy on the ipods. think what it would be like if you got a nice big clean scratch down the middle of that new one. RUINED!

Soldato
Interesting.
The touch screen concept should be relativly cheap to implement.
The touch screen on my DS is very very good, even better than a mates uber-expensive PDA. So if its possible to have a very responsive, hard wearing & good looking touch screen on a sub £100 device, im sure Apple can manage it on a device that'll probably be £300+.

The 5g iPod is a bit of an gap filler imo. Its basically giving people with large music collections the ability to store more (the 60Gb version), and just to see if it'd work, they added the video abilites to the device to test the waters.
I bought my 60Gb iPod less than a month ago, and im not too concerned if they release a new 'Video' iPod. The video is a feature that i dont really use anyway.

Soldato
Would this rumour have anything to do with this recent patent application from Apple? It's possible Apple are actually working on a mac tablet, not an iPod with a digital clickwheel, but all that is speculation.

If Apple released this with a scratch-resistant screen, DivX and XviD support, I think they could wipe the floor with the competition :)

Soldato
OP
Al Vallario said:
Would this rumour have anything to do with this recent patent application from Apple? It's possible Apple are actually working on a mac tablet, not an iPod with a digital clickwheel, but all that is speculation.

If Apple released this with a scratch-resistant screen, DivX and XviD support, I think they could wipe the floor with the competition :)

Spot on. The patent was part of why people are speculating a video ipod. But if they plan to release a tablet well thats gonna be abig seller too.

Soldato
asim said:
Spot on. The patent was part of why people are speculating a video ipod. But if they plan to release a tablet well thats gonna be abig seller too.
Video ipods old, not sure what you're getting at. The iWalks been around ages too...

Soldato
OP
No the ipod with video capability is old. A video ipod along the lines of portable media players is what they are talking about. Its an ipod that will be aimed at video use first. Those who want music with video secondary will go for the 5g. Those looking for video use first will go with the new ipod video. Apple have not really tapped into this part of the market fully. But I guess they didnt want to get lost in the crowd with the rest of the pmp's. Instead I guess they want to release something beyond the rest, like touch screen with video.

Oh and iWalk, well whos to say they dont want to release something a bit more upto date with an apple feel e.g. the click wheel on the screen that fades away when u move ** hand away from the screen.

Soldato
Ah yeh I get the idea, whet they're probably going to produce will be along the lines of a mix between the iPod and the iWalk, with multi-touch for the screen.

Soldato
OP
Muahaha I'm saving up already.

You know this thing is gonna cost 350-400 quid. And probably only have 30-40gb. I mean its jus totally known that when some new technology comes out then its gonna suffer in some places (hard drive size) and then gain in others like a touch screen thats bigger but then the price tag goes up too.

Still hope to buy one.

Soldato
tbh, unless its really special I won't be getting one. Problem with iPods, is that everybody has one, the chic of having something unique kind of goes out the window.

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
tbh, unless its really special I won't be getting one. Problem with iPods, is that everybody has one, the chic of having something unique kind of goes out the window.
Ignore everyone else. Buy for yourself.
Phnom_Penh said:
For easy of use yes. For sound quality, no.
I'd have to disagree there.
I recently got a 5g iPod, and the sound quality is significantly better than my old H140, which was known to have good outputs. Its also been commented by a friend that it also sounds better than his H320.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Ignore everyone else. Buy for yourself.
Yep, but I won't buy something that every ***** in the world has unless its worth having.
BoomAM said:
I'd have to disagree there.
I recently got a 5g iPod, and the sound quality is significantly better than my old H140, which was known to have good outputs. Its also been commented by a friend that it also sounds better than his H320.
It depends on the phones as much as the player. While the new iPods do sound better than older players, the newer players from Sony and Samsung etc do sound better than the 5G iPods.

Soldato
stu.artd said:
Seeing as I only bought my iPod video a few weeks ago I really can see this happening. There'll be a lot of unhappy iPod video owners if this is true.
I only bought my 5 days ago!!! :eek:

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
Yep, but I won't buy something that every ***** in the world has unless its worth having.
lol. Thats a little hypocritical. :p
Your basically agreeing with me, that you should buy for yourself and ignore others, and then you say that you wont buy one because everyone has one.
Things dont become popular if they are bad. Put simply, the iPod is the best pure music player out there. Other players beat it in other areas, but if you want a no-nonsence player thats easy to use, then the iPod is king.
For features, then the iRiver H series is the best.
For battery life & arguably sound wise, the Zens.

It depends on the phones as much as the player. While the new iPods do sound better than older players, the newer players from Sony and Samsung etc do sound better than the 5G iPods.
Used MX500s on a 3g iPod, then a H140, a mates H320, a mates ZenTouch & now my 5g iPod.
The jump from 3g to H140 was immense. Then the difference between H140, H320 & Zen was minimal. And the 5g iPod just seems to have a 'cleaner' output compared to the others.
Maybe you prefer your sound 'different'. My mates prefer sound outputs that are 'warm', where as i prefer a 'clean' sound.
:)

Back
Top Bottom