New monitor time! Recommend me something

Associate
My second monitor has just died, my current main is a rog swift pg278qr 1440p 165hz tn soon to be the second.

I play competitive games pretty much exclusively cs2, LoL, apex etc. I do a lot of general work on the pc also some graphical but not critical colour work.

Would like to keep the 1440p res.

Obviously Dell’s new 27 oled peeks my interest but the obvious oled drawbacks stand out to me for what I do.
I would like 360hz for a noticeable upgrade but am I better looking at something like a Aw2723df?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Associate
If you want to keep the 1440p resolution and are looking for an upgrade, the Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor AW2723DF is a good option. It has a native 240Hz refresh rate that can be overclocked to 280Hz, and it has a fast IPS panel with a 1ms response time. It also has VESA Adaptive-Sync and AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, which can reduce screen tearing.

Last edited:
Associate
Go for the dell oled. Don't fear the burn in. Set up a screensaver and sensible screen timeouts if you're really worried. The colours/contrast and response time are worth any possible drawbacks

Associate
AW2725DF is the only reasonable choice. Check if you have perksatwork to bring it down by 10%.
Dont worry about burn in, its got 3 years of great warranty.

Back
Top Bottom