New Open Loop Build - Hot GPU (4090 FE)

Associate
OP
Thanks @Mcnumpty2323 :) I'll try to get through each of your points
  1. Yes, wallet is not happy :cry: But for sure, the improved temp, and lower noise (and the joy of seeing a nice finished product) has been worth it
  2. Good ideas for the scratch. I'll play around with some scrap tubing. At least it's low down, and kinda under the GPU - not easy to see
  3. I was wondering what I could do with that space under the top rad! I wasn't sure how much space would be visible until the build was done. Not sure about a sensor screen (money!) but a vinyl graphic would look cool!
  4. No worries on the criticism - it helps to see where I can improve! Yes, sadly, that vertical tube is not dead-straight... On paper, my idea of 'floating' the flow meter was a great idea! In practice, it was very hard to get it right (as you noticed) When I do a service on the loop (in a year or so) I will look to correct it. It bothers me too! :cry:
  5. The drain out the back - it's soft tubing (to a Quick-Disconnect) and it wasn't clear in the pictures, but the NV7 has a door on the back that covers all the wiring. So I fold the tube up, and the door covers it. (plus, i don't have a cat! :D )
  6. Crossflow - yes, they were a big factor in my build. I didn't want tubing running all over the inside of the case, so they were a perfect solution
Appreciate the feedback! I'm very happy with the build, and sitting here typing away with a coolant temp of 26 :) like you said - was the right decision to build it 'properly' for the power-hungry components I chose.

Back
Top Bottom