New Trainers

Soldato
These babies fell into my hands yesterday. Just had to have em. Comfy as ****.

And the winner is..........................

dsc00350od2.jpg

Permabanned
Just for the record Nike Cortez are retro but the OP's are rank

I've owned 3 pairs of Cortez over the years and whilst being nice trainers they wear out like nothing ive ever worn before

Soldato
if you're a regular runner I'd go with proper trainers.

I daren't go into a proper sports shop. Every time I do a 12 year old tries to sell me something which are so garish you need to wear sunglasses when you open the box! ;)

Yes, I know. But I only run enough to make sure I can run if I have to... if you see what I mean. I rarely do more than a mile. If I want to go any further I put on my walking boots. :)

Andrew McP

Soldato
green flash are good untill the bottom wears out really quick :(

at the moment im mainly wearing
nike dunks , forest hills and green flash

Soldato
I daren't go into a proper sports shop. Every time I do a 12 year old tries to sell me something which are so garish you need to wear sunglasses when you open the box! ;)

Yes, I know. But I only run enough to make sure I can run if I have to... if you see what I mean. I rarely do more than a mile. If I want to go any further I put on my walking boots. :)

Andrew McP

theyre not "proper" sports shops. go to a proper athletics shop or running shop. not JD, JBB , sportsworld etc

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Needing some new casual shoes soon and am not sure what to go for...saw the Green Flash dunlops in store and thought they were quite nice actually... I don't normally wear trainers, and have always worn skate shoes before now, so I'm not sure what to look at. I don't want normal trainers like those plain white addidas things earlier in the thread though, that's for sure.

Soldato
You need to go back to a more simple time. Such as around 0030 A.D.

To be totally serious, our collective memory is very short. You'd be amazed at what a difference 10 years or so makes to a country in all sorts of ways, and each generation that comes along develops its own quirks. Sometimes things are for the better, sometimes they're for the worse. My generation had Jimmy Saville, punks & Doc Martins. You have student loans, Big Brother and day-glo Nikes. I suspect historians will say both generations were equally unfortunate. :)

Personally though I worry that -- thanks to clever marketing -- the pendulum's gone a bit too far in the metrosexual direction now. But once you get over 40 I think everyone starts to behave a bit like a Daily Mail reader, so I may just be too over-the-hill* to appreciate fancy footwear and seven hundred types of hair gel! :)

Andrew McP

*My fringe certainly disappeared over the hill a long time ago, cutting down my hair gel consumption from zero to none whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom