Next gen Consoles Vs PC?

Soldato
I love all the arguing from the PC crowd, most games look better on console anyway and that's a fact you can't get away from!

Give me a sofa, controller and my big 42" plasma, you hunched over PC neanderthals who're still living in the middle ages can keep your overpriced hardware, clunky keyboards, mice and tiny 24" monitors.

What? Have you been drinking some of that Tesco wine they've been giving away recently? :p

PCs can be connected to big TVs too ;)

Soldato
I love all the arguing from the PC crowd, most games look better on console anyway and that's a fact you can't get away from!

Give me a sofa, controller and my big 42" plasma, you hunched over PC neanderthals who're still living in the middle ages can keep your overpriced hardware, clunky keyboards, mice and tiny 24" monitors.

I can do all that **** with my PC too. Infact my PC is like a console. Steam Big Picture auto starts to a dashboard which I control via a controller on my 50" 3DTV.

Soldato

Sofa check

Controller check

42" plasma check

1080p native check ;)

choice of input keyboard, mouse, controller check

Ability to buy games at 32€ instead of 55€ and play them at higher res... check :o

Soldato
I agree. I'd rather pay £500 every 4 or 5 years, instead of paying £2000 every few months to play the latest games to only get a slight graphical advantage. I don't play FPS so mouse/keyboard support doesn't bother me.

Whilst you can spend that much on a PC, you can also keep a PC for 4-5 years and even pay less to upgrade rhe CPU, GFX and mobo to high ish end stuff

Earl grey.;)

Are you certain? :eek:

I can do all that **** with my PC too. Infact my PC is like a console. Steam Big Picture auto starts to a dashboard which I control via a controller on my 50" 3DTV.

Quoted for truth.

Soldato
I think Pc gamers underestimate how much can be said about the convenience of a Console.

Much easier to hook up ( no self builds involved) having to sort the best drivers for GPU's etc...sorting settings for each game to get the best play-ability.
The ignorance that people show that because others don't want to be bothered or are not as "clued in" about Pc gaming is just rude.
I don't game the much ( mostly just BF3 now), but what I like about the console is its a stand alone system that doesn't interfere with the WORK pc, and I can sit back and switch it on without having to worry about any other PC aspects.

Soldato

I would love to see your face while I played Dark Souls on my 50" plasma hooked up to my PC. We already use our TVs with 360 controllers, difference is our games look 20x better and run in maximum resolution with AA.

Man of Honour
Ability to buy games at 32€ instead of 55€ and play them at higher res... check :o

I see you middle aged PC lot are butthurt about having to pay £1000 for a decent system so have to come back to the price arguement with the cost of games. I think you're also a bit annoyed that although your mightaswellbesteamdriven PC CAN do those things, it doesn't come with all that built in and so it isn't as intuiative a user experience. Keep clunking away at your amazing "mechanical" keyboards while I type this on my iPad. OH WAIT, that can play games too! RIP PC.

Soldato
I would love to see your face while I played Dark Souls on my 50" plasma hooked up to my PC. We already use our TVs with 360 controllers, difference is our games look 20x better and run in maximum resolution with AA.

I'd be quite worried if I could see Zefans face as I enjoyed some games at home...

Actually, I think I'd be most worried if I actually recognised him :eek:

Soldato
I see you middle aged PC lot are butthurt about having to pay £1000 for a decent system so have to come back to the price arguement with the cost of games. I think you're also a bit annoyed that although your mightaswellbesteamdriven PC CAN do those things, it doesn't come with all that built in and so it isn't as intuiative a user experience. Keep clunking away at your amazing "mechanical" keyboards while I type this on my touchscreen phone ;)

I posted on the other thread a quick spec with pretty high end stuff which came to around £700 which is the price of a console and an average PC, the cost argument isn't entirely one sided. That being said, PCs will often require a larger initial investment and are a great deal more hassle. For all their flaws, consoles are pretty damn reliable.

Soldato
A PC isn't just for gaming and a PC can do everything a console can plus more.
There are a lot of uninformed comments going around like one, as if PC can't be used sitting on a sofa with a controller on a large screen.

Though personally, the games I play a lot don't exist on consoles(cant even run them), the mods they use which you never find on console, community websites/comms/forums/chat. It's not just about graphics or a keyboard and mouse, it's naive to think like that.

Caporegime
That's a great big investment.

So you have PCs which are bigger money but better, and consoles which are cheap and accessible but nowhere near as powerful, modable, blah blah.

Pick one. Or both. Do what makes you happy.

ps4 launch price will be about as much as a pc than can run bf3 @ 60fps 1920x1080 though....
I see you middle aged PC lot are butthurt about having to pay £1000 for a decent system
still on
amd 1055t
8gb memory
7850 2gb (just upgraded from a 460gtx a few months back)

can play any game on max settings at 1080p fairly easily... hasnt cost me anywhere near 1k even when it built it 2 years ago

Back
Top Bottom