Nextcloudpi, Docker, external HDD

Soldato
So I recently updated my NextCloudPi to the latest version and it updated to the latest version of PhP which (as many have reported) completely breaks NextcloudPi

I’ve tried to follow a few guides to rollback but from trial and error before finding the guide I think I’ve completely messed up the installation.

What I’d like to now, is start again essentially. However, there is some data I’d like to grab first as it’s got some family photos on it.

My setup
Pi 4 (Booting from SSD)
External 4TB drive currently used for Plex on the same Pi.

When I set up NextcloudPi I didn’t have the HDD so everything was set up to use the SSD as /data.

What I’d like to do is move my /ncp folder (where the data is stored) onto the HDD. That way I believe I can safely delete the NextcloudPi container.

I’m using Portioner as all of this in Docker, and I’m a complete Docker/Portioner novice.

What I think I need to do is allow the Container access to the local host that has the HDD attached. That way I can go into the NextCloudPi terminal (which I still have access to) and run the backup command and point it at the HDD.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom