No Rest for the Wicked - Action RPG

Man of Honour
I'll pay it for a game with zero microtransactions
I cant justify 39.99 for an early access title, not at this moment in time when Manor Lords is out next week for free (effectively, on gamepass) , and Rotwood (which I loved the demo of) is out in Early Access next week for £10

EDIT : £31 rather than 39, but still too much at the moment with Manor Lords and Rotwood imminent

Last edited:
Soldato
played 2 hours runs nice and great combat and art style.. more after the footy..

defo need a controller for this game ps5 controller works a dream.

2560x1440p seems max resolution as well.. they said 21:9 is supported but 3440x1440p isn't available in graphics settings :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Latest post here now it's out there

No Rest for the Wicked, our brand-new ARPG, enters Early Access today! This has been a wild ride for all of us at Moon Studios, and we’re stoked to finally share it with the world. As hardcore ARPG fans, this project is super close to our hearts. We’re all about pushing the genre’s limits and giving players an unforgettable experience like no other.

We invite you all to rally and join us on this journey!

Here are our minimum and recommended PC system requirements. Over the course of Early Access, we’ll continue optimizing the game with an effort to improve performance on these settings as well as expand them.

b3ec71f2d3e134e16aa7150218219492bb0db942.jpg

For more information about the game’s pricing in the two-week period following release, check out our recent post
here
. We’re also proud to announce that No Rest for the Wicked is also playable at launch on
NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming
- giving gamers instant access to GeForce PC performance without waiting around for downloads.

As a little thank you to everyone that purchases the game during Early Access we’re gifting you the
in-game Cerim Armor
to use throughout your journey. We hope you equip it with pride and devastate foes!

78ce2f105f183b4146f7d272d6c567b49af283dc.jpg

Like with Wicked Inside, we have new
Twitch Drops
active for Early Access launch. Support your favorite streamers and collect loot!

cc783b0c7970656263d2e6a0fb496c832c21002d.jpg

A list of known issues that we're aware of and are working on can be found
here

Over the course of Early Access, we will weave your input into the game; and release major content updates that’ll bring multiplayer, new Isola Sacra regions, narrative chapters, new enemies, and so much more. Player input will be an integral part of our game. The best way to give feedback, share ideas, and report bugs is through our official
No Rest for the Wicked forum
! Join our official
Discord server
and chat with fellow gamers about all things Wicked!

No Rest for the Wicked marks a new era for our studio. We hope to deliver an experience like no other.

Available Now:

No Rest for the Wicked
No Rest for the Wicked
ActionRPGAction RPGHack and SlashExploration

To stay up-to-date, follow us on:

Last edited:
Soldato
Steam reviews are brutal; but it's also filled with idiots. The system requirements clearly state you basically need an rtx3080 to play the game and yet every second review is complaining they can't play due to low FPS

The other negative reviews highlight

* No key binds, can't change the default controls

* Very little content in the game

* Unplayable with an Intel GPU

* No Ultrawide support

* HDR is broken

Last edited:
Associate
played 2 hours runs nice and great combat and art style.. more after the footy..

defo need a controller for this game ps5 controller works a dream.

2560x1440p seems max resolution as well.. they said 21:9 is supported but 3440x1440p isn't available in graphics settings :(

3440 x 1440 is definitely there. I'd post a screenshot but on mobile so cba :D

Soldato
3440 x 1440 is definitely there. I'd post a screenshot but on mobile so cba :D

weird i even disabled second monitor and still nothing there.. my main monitor is 5120x1440p which is 32:9 they said they are not supporting that and only 21:9 which is why i wanted 3440x1440p but my max resolution is 2560x1440p

only 21:9 res i can see is 2560x1080p

Associate
weird i even disabled second monitor and still nothing there.. my main monitor is 5120x1440p which is 32:9 they said they are not supporting that and only 21:9 which is why i wanted 3440x1440p but my max resolution is 2560x1440p

only 21:9 res i can see is 2560x1080p
How strange. My monitor is 3440 x 1440 and the graphics settings had defaulted to that.

Soldato
Steam reviews are brutal; but it's also filled with idiots. The system requirements clearly state you basically need an rtx3080 to play the game and yet every second review is complaining they can't play due to low FPS

The other negative reviews highlight

* No key binds, can't change the default controls

* Very little content in the game

* Unplayable with an Intel GPU

* No Ultrawide support

* HDR is broken

There's an alternate keybind layout available in the settings, on my 7900XT game is perfectly fine, running ultrawide 3440x1440 with HDR, I did notice that full screen mode bricks the HDR, windowed full screen works fine.

Associate
Watched a stream for an hour or so tonight and quite liked the look of it.
However, think I might wait until the 4-player co-op is released... would hate to burn out on it before co-op arrives.

Can you play with other players or is this a single-player experience?
No Rest for the Wicked ships as a single-player experience, but the first major update will allow you to play with up to 3 other players!

Soldato
The hilarious part is that this game actually uses two engines, it uses Unity to present all the graphics and it uses a new custom in house engine to do everything unrelated to graphics and the developer says they did this because it significantly improves performance lol. But the developer does have a point, the second game engine runs seperate of game frames and does all the player inputs, physics, simulation and network code and digital foundry showed that the game has very low input latency because of using two game engines

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
I refunded this after about 90 mins. It wasn't gripping me - dunno if it's my mood or what but figured if I'm not going to pick it up again for a few weeks I may as well keep the cash and pick it up cheaper later (it's already 24 on keysites)

Soldato
I refunded this after about 90 mins. It wasn't gripping me - dunno if it's my mood or what but figured if I'm not going to pick it up again for a few weeks I may as well keep the cash and pick it up cheaper later (it's already 24 on keysites)

It's officially £27.99 with the affiliated discount but will go up after 2nd May and then up again for full launch so you would be better off buying it now as price wont be that low again for ages.

Back
Top Bottom