Noblechairs Icon and Hero

Associate
Hi I am interested in knowing some more about the Hero and how it compares to the Icon for those of you who have owned both or just one of them is fine too

Looking at the noblechairs website apparently the seat depth of the Hero is 48cm but the Icon is 49cm but I thought the Hero would have a longer seat base, or is that measurement wrong?

I am trying to see what the difference is as I tried an Icon and I have a 4 to 5 finger gap between the edge of the cushion and the back of my knees, I also noticed the front of the seat cushion is more raised, interesting design choice but is the Hero also like this too? I am 6'4 and have 34" legs so have long legs

Also the arm rests look much further apart on the Hero, looks like my arms would be flared out fairly wide as I only weigh 13 stone so I am not that wide and like my arms and elbows closer to the side of my body

Main point of the post anyway is the seat depth, could someone measure from the front of the seat cushion to the back where the seat base meets the back rest, maybe take a photo too so I can see exactly where you measured from and to

Thank you

Commissario
One of my Hero chairs, I just realised it needs a dust :)

Spoiler tags because it's a huge image.

wHVdtz9.jpeg

The arms can be brought in by an inch or so each side, where they mount under the chair, they have an elongated hole so you can move each one in or out an inch. I have three (soon to be four) Hero chairs and I use the one in my office without arms, it's just how it suits me most.

Associate
OP
One of my Hero chairs, I just realised it needs a dust :)

Spoiler tags because it's a huge image.

wHVdtz9.jpeg

The arms can be brought in by an inch or so each side, where they mount under the chair, they have an elongated hole so you can move each one in or out an inch. I have three (soon to be four) Hero chairs and I use the one in my office without arms, it's just how it suits me most.

Thanks for taking the time and doing that, appreciate it, just wanted to ask one more thing too, do you find on the hero the front of the seat base is thicker compared to the back, interesting design decision to not just have it be just a flat level piece of foam, will include photo to show you what I am on about, is the hero the same?

qFLuCVx.jpg

Associate
OP
The base isn't all foam, it's a pretty hard seat. The seat is a bit higher at the front, which generally is bad for circulation afaik.

Yeah I had thought of the complications long term and wondered what it meant for circulation and possible knee issues a year or 2 in the future but maybe I am just over thinking it

I haven't taken the seat cover off and doubt I will but if it is not just foam what else is it in there too? I know whatever it is we sit on sits on top of a metal frame that is about all I know though, and I reupholstered an Ikea Markus seat base a couple of years ago, when I did that it was just a large square piece of foam I had to replace so thought all office chairs were the same, apart from chairs like some of the herman millers though

Soldato
Actually I'm wrong, it is foam, it's just really hard. Feels like 1 inch of foam on wood. Harder than the Markus I had previously.

Someone just needs to invent an office chair with a seat cushion from DFS so I can sit on it all day without getting numb bum.

Commissario
Someone just needs to invent an office chair with a seat cushion from DFS so I can sit on it all day without getting numb bum.

I have Hero in my office and a Hero in my radio shack. I sit on the office one for more than eight hours a day, every weekday and I’ve been doing that for over three years. I don’t get a numb bum.

The same with the one in my shack, at weekends I can often be on it for longer than the office one during the week.

No issues with numbness, bad knees or a bad back. I think they’re really comfortable. My son is a big lad at 6’ 6” and the size of a small country and he does the same with his.

Back
Top Bottom