Noise cancelling headphones for a reasonable price?

Soldato
Hey,

My mum has been doing a lot of travelling recently and very much dislikes plane takeoffs etc

She has asked if there are some noise cancelling headphones she could buy to get rid of the sound etc prefarably as compact as possible (handbag storage!).

I have Youtubed but all the headphones recommended seem to be £200+. She doesn't care if over ear, in ear etc but does anyone have any suggestions for wireless headphones for Android that are a reasonable price (Ideally under £100)?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

jcr

jcr

Associate
i got the girlfriend some Anker soundcore Q30 headphones last year and shes very happy with them. they quite often go offer for about £60

Soldato
If you can get XM3 still they are bargain basement prices for premium performance. Over ear is more comfortable and better than smaller ear plug version.

Soldato
I'd get some second hand or otherwise cheap Sony WH1000 XM3s.

I think I'd go postal if I had to travel without them these days. Comfy, light, effective, good battery. Easily the best thing you buy if you fly or train regularly.

Had a long train journey today and being able to just drown out the cackling middle aged women hitting the prosecco at 10am and listen to my audio book and take a nap..... Bliss.

Soldato
Got anker q30 think it was
For my partner on offer at £60-65
And Sony WH-1000XM4 for myself at £250
Last year for 17 hour flight to Australia
Sat right next to the wings/engines
The anker are actually pretty impressive
Especially for the price
Are my Sony WH-1000XM4 better?
Possibly
But not 4x better

img

img

Associate
U got some xm3 and amazon buds for 50quid each with deals and they work well. Its not 100% but is well reduced

Associate
Picked up the soundcore q35 for £89 and i have to say pretty impressed with them for the price, comfy, sound pretty good for my needs (mainly podcasts with some movie watching) build quality looks and feels good and if the battery life of 40h with anc and 60h without are close to what they claim then i'll be happy.

Soldato
Anyone tried the soundcore space one’s

I’ve got apple airpod pros but using them almost all day everyday at work now I’m in an office I’m finding that I have sore ears so looking at some over the ears.

Stumbled upon the soundcore options and the space ones seem to have the best anc out of the lineup from the reviews I’ve seen. I know sound quality isn’t too great but it can be made a lot better with a good eq I’ve read.

Just wondered if anyone on here have tried them?

Associate
I would say refurb Bose is the way to go. I traveled for about a decade for work so pretty much tried all the over-ear and in-ear designs and my recommendation would be the QC 35 for over-ear. They are light and very comfortable. For in-ear (and defo compact enough for handbag) the QC 20 is phenomenal, nothing beats these for all-out noise-blocking. They are wired, so I needed a USB-C-to-3.5mm adapter, but this meant I could use them with the laptop (3.5mm) or Phone/Tablet (USB-C). Both the Qc35 and QC20 can be had for well under £100, and for that outlay, they offer the best noise cancellation in my opinion.

Soldato
Ended up ordering the space ones. They seem fine for the price and do a fairly decent job at NC.

I have only used AirPod pro’s/pro 2’s with Nc before so that’s my only comparison that I can make.

The space ones do about 80% sound blocking compared to the AirPods (that might be the same with in any in ears vs over ears though?)

Sound quality wise it’s marginally worse to my ears (after sorting the eq out anyways) I’m not an audiophile so others will no doubt find the sound quality worse.

And although they can do Ldac I’m using an apple so can’t take advantage.

They’re nice and light, they fold up nicely and block out enough of my coworkers for my needs.

Soldato
Yeah would imagine
In ears will block more
Compared to same thing that's
Over your ears
For what they cost though
It's hard to fault anker to be honest
My partners have survived 2 return trips
To Australia now
Well worth what they cost in my opinion
Yeah my Sony still sound better lol
But they were much more expensive

Soldato
Yeah would imagine
In ears will block more
Compared to same thing that's
Over your ears
For what they cost though
It's hard to fault anker to be honest
My partners have survived 2 return trips
To Australia now
Well worth what they cost in my opinion
Yeah my Sony still sound better lol
But they were much more expensive
Which Sonys do you have?

I was seriously considering the xm4s but for my ears I’m not sure the doubled price would equate to a doubled sound quality.

Soldato
Which Sonys do you have?

I was seriously considering the xm4s but for my ears I’m not sure the doubled price would equate to a doubled sound quality.
Got WH-1000XM4
Over Bluetooth they sound very good
Connected to my pc with a cable then they
Sound amazing
High end motherboard so guess its got
High end sound hardware in it too

Back
Top Bottom