Non stick pans.. that last!

Soldato
Lets be honest and just say most people over-heat none stick pans. Or when new budding cooks just watched a Video of an Idiot cook steaks in a none stick pan.
If the pan is smelling funny most likely your over-heating the damn thing!
Another reason to order takeaway @Gilbert89, saves having to buy new pots and pans. You're saving the planet.

Last edited:
Associate
I had mixed experiences with procook warranty.

First pan I tried to get replaced because non-stick was peeling on the rivets holding the handle on, they tried to claim it was because of misuse & it had got too hot because I used it on an induction hob. I managed to get them to replace it in the end by telling them if it can't actually be used on an induction hob it's not fit for purpose (as it's sold as suitable for induction) & therefore they can refund & arrange a colelction for the entire set I bought from them.

2nd one they didn't argue & just sent me a replacement (non-stick peeling off the base of the pan).

Not sure if it's dependant on the representative you get or something else, but 2 pans being replaced in the ~2.5 years I've had them isn't a great track record.

Associate
I got a set of Ninja Zero Stick pans from the auction site, got them for a really good price and so far been quite impressed with them they seem really solid and heavy.

Tefal stuff don't last very long in my house for some reason

Associate
Wehave the Pro cook tri-ply frying pan and saute pan and the professional anodised saucepans and they’ve been spot on. Using the proper oil (instead of spray), nylon scourers and silicon utensils has kept them perfect. They’re about ten years old.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ninja zerostick .. regularly half price (or I just get lucky)
I’ve had my oldest one for about 15 months and looks like new. Can take high temps, solid, takes a while to heat up but holds it well. Goes in the oven. Is actually non-stick. Handles still solidly attached. Miles better than anything I’ve had from tefal, circulon etc.

I don’t use metal utensils (got cast iron and enamelled stuff for that) and don’t put them in the dishwasher. Although apparently you can.

Last edited:
Don
Sorry you seem to have misspelled https://www.tefal.co.uk/ there.

Jokes aside anyone tried these hexclad pans? They seems to just be a non stick teflon pan with hexagons laser etched into it to expose some metal?
I’ve been getting bombarded with adverts for these after thinking I needed a new wok.

Had a look into them and they don’t seem to have a particularly good reputation.

Soldato
From everything I’ve heard and read they’re just completely over rated and over priced. They got Gordon Ramsay on board to sell them - sell out. Like that always pan thing, just marketing nonense and bombard SM with them and give it to all the influencers.

I think they’re trying to get people muddled up with Allclad and Hexclad as well. Best to stay clear IMO

Caporegime
From everything I’ve heard and read they’re just completely over rated and over priced. They got Gordon Ramsay on board to sell them - sell out. Like that always pan thing, just marketing nonense and bombard SM with them and give it to all the influencers.

I think they’re trying to get people muddled up with Allclad and Hexclad as well. Best to stay clear IMO
Ahh thought it might be, like others insane amounts of advertising recommendations latley for them.

But part of me can't help but think a coating cut up into lots of tiles with edges is going to peel off and chip more than a uniform coating.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't buy the Ultra Lift by Scoville. :D I needed a large pan with lid so grabbed one from Dunelm and was happy with the design and use so I got the set in post-Christmas sale.
Been treating them carefully but after a few weeks the coating was already coming off. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I just use a tefal one I got from tescos for about £20. Coating still looks fine after 2 years.
Don't use metal implements in it though.

Back
Top Bottom