Not achieving 867 Mbps in link speed

Associate
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my wireless card and been monitoring the wireless speed. Don't get me wrong it is a significant upgrade in terms of performance and speed over my previous card which was a Intel 1030n.

The problem is, shouldnt I be getting 867 Mbps as I am unable to reach over most I have gotten out of is 585 Mbps. It Fluctuates between between 100-585 Mbps but most of the time it is at least 300 Mbps.

I have tried adjust some settings like turning off the power saving, WMM disabled. I am using windows 7 professional 64 bit and the router is downstairs, on the floor while my laptop is upstairs. Signal strength is showing full bars.

Performed speed test in comparison to iphone and it is showing similar ping/download/upload speeds but laptop slightly better. I am at a loss to what I can do to get the full speed.

ffdgdfgdfgdfgdf.png

Soldato
Full speed? Use a cable. Wireless is an inherently variable communications medium and will fluctuate, in simple terms using it with things in the way will further degrade performance and increase variability.

Associate
OP
There is your reason. :p

Most likely the reason lol. I read a few which have similar set up with the router, being downstairs and laptop is upstairs. I don't know if it is the router limit as I am using the ISP supplied router. The signal bar is showing 5/5 or 4/5 at times but seems to be stable which I dont think it could be that is causing to not recieve the 867 Mbps speed.

Full speed? Use a cable. Wireless is an inherently variable communications medium and will fluctuate, in simple terms using it with things in the way will further degrade performance and increase variability.

Yep but sadly as the router is downstairs connected to the phone line and it would be a challenge to run the cables from downstairs to upstairs. haha

Back
Top Bottom