Nothing Phone 2/a

Lii

Lii

Associate
I watched a video on this yesterday and i feel it's a bit overpriced imo. They seem to have cut corners in certain areas that they shouldn't of, such as the camera.

Soldato
Saw a comment of "Nothing's changed" which made me laugh

Personally I don't see the practical appeal of the glyphs on the back. It's neat but everything it can do can be done with a OLED screen nowadays.

Other than those glyphs, is this not just another phone?

Soldato
I really like the design of this phone. Quite minimalist. The glyphs are a nice touch but they are not something that would sway my decision to purchase either way. While the support for the phone is 7 years in total, it's a shame they are only supporting 3 years of Android vs 5 years on a Google Pixel device.

Soldato
I really like the design of this phone. Quite minimalist. The glyphs are a nice touch but they are not something that would sway my decision to purchase either way. While the support for the phone is 7 years in total, it's a shame they are only supporting 3 years of Android vs 5 years on a Google Pixel device.
4 years total. First 3 years is both OS and security, then the final year security only.

Soldato
4 years total. First 3 years is both OS and security, then the final year security only.

Oh okay, I see. Thanks. I thought the security updates were on top of the last release of an OS update. I got it wrong about the Google Pixel devices too. Ha. Google only support 3 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates. I thought Google provided 5 years of OS updates.

Phone Arena said:
However, it was the way the tweet was bookended that caught the most attention, as it put to rest any remaining doubts that the up and coming phone and mobile accessories company is in it for the long run. In comparison, the newest Google Pixel devices come with three years of Android updates and five years of security updates, while Samsung recently committed to a full four years of major operating system updates plus five years of security updates.

Nothing confirms same years of support for Phone (2) as Nothing Phone (1)

Soldato
I've also pre-ordered one, 12GB+256GB with the case and charger. I've had my OnePlus 7T Pro for over 3 years but ever since the latest update earlier this year it's been annoying me due to certain features being removed and bugs being introduced, and aside from the Xperia 1 V (which is vastly more expensive) nothing else has caught my eye. The Nothing 2 looks great and I liked their honest approach in the stream they did the other day, talking about some of the shortfalls of the first phone and what they've done since.

Curious to know what the "free gift" included with preorders will be too.

Last edited:
Associate
I've also pre-ordered one, 12GB+256GB with the case and charger. I've had my OnePlus 7T Pro for over 3 years but ever since the latest update earlier this year it's been annoying me due to certain features being removed and bugs being introduced, and aside from the Xperia 1 V (which is vastly more expensive) nothing else has caught my eye. The Nothing 2 looks great and I liked their honest approach in the stream they did the other day, talking about some of the shortfalls of the first phone and what they've done since.

Curious to know what the "free gift" included with preorders will be too.
Have you had your dispatch notification yet ? Mine has been shipped via Royal Mail with a tracking no.

Soldato
Have you had your dispatch notification yet ? Mine has been shipped via Royal Mail with a tracking no.

Yep, mine arrived an hour ago, wasn't expecting it this soon! I've just been getting my old one ready for the transfer process while the Nothing charges. Bit miffed they used a non-signed RM service to ship nearly £700 worth of stuff, but there we go.

Edit: Oh, and the free gift was a tote bag. :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes a tote bag here also, but I did have to sign for the Royal Mail package.

Ah yes, just looked in my Royal Mail app and saw that my neighbour signed for it before the postie seemingly realised it was the wrong door.

Think I'm all set up now, also just realised that the monochrome icon pack has to installed manually from the Play Store otherwise some icons will show as colour.

So far the most annoying thing has been setting all my apps up again. Annoying that Android still can't do this more seamlessly, WhatsApp was a PITA because you have to have it on a specific screen on the old device before you sign in on the new one otherwise it doesn't even offer the option to transfer your data across, and doesn't tell you this in the app. Bizarre.

Last edited:
Soldato
Brief thoughts so far: Performance is excellent, battery life is excellent, the display is lower-res than my OnePlus but in reality I haven't found it to be noticeable. Feature-wise I haven't found myself wanting for anything and a lot of the software features that broke or were removed on my OnePlus via updates arepresent and correct on the NP2, which is great.

Only criticism so far are the speakers, they're completely average and the balance often feels shifted towards the bottom speaker. Hopefully this is something they can tune via software, but at the same time I think the speakers on my 7T Pro were just better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom