OcUK acquire new larger premises - operational from 26th May 2009

Godfather
Godfather
newocukhq.jpg

OcUK acquire new larger premises - operational from 26th May 2009.

I am delighted to announce that we have just acquired new larger premises to replace our Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent HQ. The new 20,000 square foot building is conveniently located at High Carr Business Park, Newcastle-U-Lyme close to the A34 and A500 trunk roads and just 5 minutes from J16 M6. With rapid self-service terminals, private parking and a vastly improved working environment the new premises will help provide a higher standard of service to all our customers. From Tuesday 26th May 2009 our new address will be :-

Overclockers UK, 4 Axis, Millennium Way, High Carr Business Park, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 7UF.

You can view our exact location here in Google Earth.

Our phone numbers will not be changing and we will continue to trade from our Fenton premises until Friday 22nd May 2009.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
im sure no one has asked this.

is there going to be any downtime? or you going to spilt stock between the warehouses whilst moving reducing downtime?

just checked 22nd to 26th? will the shop be closed during these times? or are going to backlog the orders?

thanks.

Good point.

We will be open in Fenton until close of business Friday 22nd May. We will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday for the move. However, because Monday is a Bank Holiday orders placed on-line will be unnafected (no collections on Saturday and Monday).

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Would be great if you guys opened a store somewhere in the South. There is a competitor that kind of has the jump with regards to multiple stores at the moment.
They are welcome to their jump. Wouldn't even consider multiple retail stores in a recession. I can only imagine the pain.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Great move and about time really with business expanding as it is.

I've always loved your little unit in Fenton, it will be a sad day when it finally closes.

Spie - did Ocuk have anything to do with the computer shop that was housed in the first unit of imex about 10 years ago? Can't remember the name sorry but it closed and ocuk opened :)
Yes. I started OcUK with the owner, Peter Radford. It didn't work out though and we parted company after a few years.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Thanks for the comments.

The new shop area is not going to be huge. Remember we are mainly an Internet business and that's the vast majority of our turnover.

However, the new shop area will be much nicer with easy access, better parking and service will be much faster. That's what matters when collecting in person :)

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Congratulations on the move. It’s about time you got some where bigger.
I have been known to visit your Fenton based site 3 times in a week, but as your move adds 16 miles onto a round trip you will not see me as often. and will most probably source most of my stuff more locally.
Good luck

thenosbod
More local than 7 miles away? There isn't anyone. There are a few smaller dealers but they either don't have our range or our low prices or both.

Back
Top Bottom