OcUK acquire new larger premises - operational from 26th May 2009

Soldato
im sure no one has asked this.

is there going to be any downtime? or you going to spilt stock between the warehouses whilst moving reducing downtime?

just checked 22nd to 26th? will the shop be closed during these times? or are going to backlog the orders?

thanks.

Man of Honour
Pretty much. Large queues are common at our present address and we want to ensure customers experience faster service.

Didn't realise you had so many people coming into the store. More space all-round should make things for you guys a lot easier.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
im sure no one has asked this.

is there going to be any downtime? or you going to spilt stock between the warehouses whilst moving reducing downtime?

just checked 22nd to 26th? will the shop be closed during these times? or are going to backlog the orders?

thanks.

Good point.

We will be open in Fenton until close of business Friday 22nd May. We will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday for the move. However, because Monday is a Bank Holiday orders placed on-line will be unnafected (no collections on Saturday and Monday).

daz

daz

Soldato
Would be great if you guys opened a store somewhere in the South. There is a competitor that kind of has the jump with regards to multiple stores at the moment.

Soldato
congratulations, don't know how you managed in a smaller premises for so long mind, will this also mean greater stock retention aswell or will this be too large an increase in overheads?

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Would be great if you guys opened a store somewhere in the South. There is a competitor that kind of has the jump with regards to multiple stores at the moment.
They are welcome to their jump. Wouldn't even consider multiple retail stores in a recession. I can only imagine the pain.

Soldato
Looks good, although I've never been to the current place I've seen pictures and this definitely looks like a step up!
Will have to stop by at some point when I'm off up north to see the folks, it's not too much of a detour from the M6!

Associate
Great move and about time really with business expanding as it is.

I've always loved your little unit in Fenton, it will be a sad day when it finally closes.

Spie - did Ocuk have anything to do with the computer shop that was housed in the first unit of imex about 10 years ago? Can't remember the name sorry but it closed and ocuk opened :)

Last edited:
Godfather
Godfather
OP
Great move and about time really with business expanding as it is.

I've always loved your little unit in Fenton, it will be a sad day when it finally closes.

Spie - did Ocuk have anything to do with the computer shop that was housed in the first unit of imex about 10 years ago? Can't remember the name sorry but it closed and ocuk opened :)
Yes. I started OcUK with the owner, Peter Radford. It didn't work out though and we parted company after a few years.

Back
Top Bottom