OCUK forum avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm just curious who they are (and if they were important people) or were they just 'discovered' :confused:

Are they part of some sort of 'gang' for example as the avatar text of thug, gangster and hitman have been used along with the avatars.

I have been wondering this for a long time now, sad I know! :o

Associate
OP
panthro said:
come on man.....you must know AT LEAST ONE of them!!
No unfortunately as I don't watch many gangster films in fact I watch very little TV ;)

LeperousDust said:
They're all from famous gangster films :)
Cheers, now I know! :)

So I assume someone in 'authority' likes gangster films then :D

I wonder who!

Associate
OP
DRZ said:
IIRC, Spie is of Italian ancestry somewhere along the line. Goes a long way to explaining it ;)
Oh right!

So Italy is known for it's gangsters then?
Of course the Mafia springs to mind (I think they were from Italy).

p.s. I'm not saying that Spie is a gangster!

Associate
OP
robmiller said:
There's Paulie (Joe Pesci) from Goodfellas as Hitman, Tony Soprano from The Sopranos as Wise Guy, that other guy from Goodfellas whose character name I can't remember (Billy?) as Gangster, Tony Montana (Al Pacino) from Scarface as Don, Robert de Niro in some film or other as Underboss, Spie has Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) from the Godfather, and I can't remember what the Commissarios and Men of Honour have but I remember one of then is John Gotti.

Edit: the Commissario is John Gotti. He was a real-life actual Mafia don, hence the controversy.
Crikey, you really know your stuff!

Cheers for that as my curiosity is satisfied (till the next time) :o

p.s. now I know where the word Don came from as well :cool:

Associate
OP
Rotty said:
I think the original origin has more to do with a gangster/mafia related game that lots of poeple were playing at the time that we started using them
Oh right!
I thought it was because of the 'real' Mafia :o

Come to think of it, it really should have clicked as I actually played the PC version of Mafia but at the time my PC wasn't up to it as the game was a bit too slow to be playable but I actually liked the game.

Associate
OP
Yewen said:
It is the date of the nuke, where the forums were re-started.
Are you referring to the original OCUK forum that (sadly) got hacked?
I have read about it a while ago and am just curious if you are talking about the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom