OCUK founder Spie passes away

Associate
holy cow, i've not been on these forums for quite some years as i used to be a big poster here (not sure why my post count is now so low though!). I know its 5 years ago now , but i'm so sorry for your loss. I had no idea. :( <3

Soldato
It has been 5 years last Sunday since we lost dad. I can’t believe it’s been that long already. So many life events missed without him. He never got chance to meet his first grand child which really does hit hard.
It only been 2 years since losing my dad and we've already had a new grand daughter join the family, a wedding and another funeral, it's always odd not having him there and I suspect after 5 years things won't be any different! We have got together each year to celebrate their lives and remember the good times, which has helped a fair bit.

Don
It has been 5 years last Sunday since we lost dad. I can’t believe it’s been that long already. So many life events missed without him. He never got chance to meet his first grand child which really does hit hard.

Wow 5 years already, :( still loads of times comments from him pop up on my FB memories :( take care

Man of Honour

Your Dad used to call me into his office to show me videos of your metal band (I think it was you) and he was quite proud of what you did.

Associate
Twenty years ago I lost my Dad and I still miss him every day. I feel for you Nath, I really do and wish you and the rest of your family my deepest condolences.

Keep strong, brother!

Associate
That's genuinely the worst thing, a life event happens and you immediately think if them to share it with, hopenyour holding up.

Associate
I never had any interaction with your father & as a new customer of OCUK & member here, I couldn't offer my condolences at the time. Sincerely sorry for your loss. I lost my 20yr old stepdaughter in April this year and don't think I will ever get used to her not being around or to talk to. She was my carer (I have Multiple Sclerosis amongst other illnesses that will not get any better) so she done a lot for me on a daily basis & regardless of whomever ends up taking over from her (apart from the wife), I don't think she will ever be replaced. Thinking about her now typing this post has me tearing up :(

Soldato
Like a few of the others who've recently posted, i had no idea that Spie had passed away. I've been on OcUK for a long time now (I was a lurker well before the nuke in 2002) and had many interactions with him in the earlier years of OcUK particularly in the Photo forum, all of them positive. My deepest condolences to his family, RIP.

Back
Top Bottom