• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Thought Ben said 2 or 3 Classifieds? The pre-order list will be much longer than that.

2 or 3 that's pathetic, i am 22nd in the cue, they might as well not bother sending any if that's the case, what a shambles this has turned out to be.

lol so according to CS the MSI shipment that is due 29th arrived and contained 2 graphics cards lol.[/url]

Again WTF 2, why do overclockers keep saying we are the biggest GPU seller we know all the bosses of the big wig company's and at best get a hand full of cards.
To put matters straight why don't the the GPU makers just say look guys we are having trouble with the chips, shipping or whatever, but nothing.

Last edited:
Associate
Ocuk are to blame no sympathy they know they aren't able to provide for months yet keep taking orders.

So people hand over ur cash and don't have the temerity to ask where ur item is

Caporegime
2 or 3 that's pathetic, i am 22nd in the cue, they might as well not bother sending any if that's the case, what a shambles this has turned out to be.

Again WTF 2, why do overclockers keep saying we are the biggest GPU seller we know all the bosses of the big wig company's and at best get a hand full of cards.
To put matters straight why don't the the GPU makers just say look guys we are having trouble with the chips, shipping or whatever, but nothing.

Agreed. yet when I say they must be having difficulty making them, everybody comes on saying rubbish, its just demand is way above what they expected.

When after two months you have failed to deliver more than 50 cards to the UK biggest etailer, thats not demand is bigger than expected, thats a failure in making them.

I think EVGA were tweaking that in the early days they were producing 10 FTW worldwide!!!! 10? I mean do they make them in a shed in the garden????

Caporegime
Ocuk are to blame no sympathy they know they aren't able to provide for months yet keep taking orders.

So people hand over ur cash and don't have the temerity to ask where ur item is

Might not be as simple as that and is just the lies the manufacturer is giving them.

Look at the MSI. Gibbo is big friends with their boss and when he tells them that 50 is been shipped to them on x date, Ocuk just passes that info on.

Then when 2 arrive instead, people get miffed at ocuk.

Ocuk should do what the rainforest does and just put no expected date.

Soldato
Agreed. yet when I say they must be having difficulty making them, everybody comes on saying rubbish, its just demand is way above what they expected.

When after two months you have failed to deliver more than 50 cards to the UK biggest etailer, thats not demand is bigger than expected, thats a failure in making them.

I think EVGA were tweaking that in the early days they were producing 10 FTW worldwide!!!! 10? I mean do they make them in a shed in the garden????

Indeed, demand is all ways going to outstrip the shipment if were only getting two cards at a time in lol, were going to be here until christmas at this rate.
When can we pre order the 11 series give them time to make them:D

Associate
It really is. Well, we'll see anyway - last check was last week, I was supposedly 18th in the queue and they ostensibly received 15 Inno3d x3s, so assuming they actually get any tomorrow...

Associate

If you're 22nd in the queue, there's no way you're getting your card by the 15th. Very end of August at the earliest is the most realistic scenario.

I think the lesson here is that you can't rely on an ETA when you preorder a card. OCUK have been shambolic on fulfilling their ETA on multiple occasions from my experience. It's not their fault that suppliers are taking really long, but it is their fault for giving unrealistic ETAs time after time.

OcUK Staff
OP
Might not be as simple as that and is just the lies the manufacturer is giving them.

Look at the MSI. Gibbo is big friends with their boss and when he tells them that 50 is been shipped to them on x date, Ocuk just passes that info on.

Then when 2 arrive instead, people get miffed at ocuk.

Ocuk should do what the rainforest does and just put no expected date.

Big bosses do not give shipping updates, their staff do that. MSI have had some internal problems with SKU's getting mixed up.

They sent me a shipping report today, I am still requesting a confirmation that it has actually shipped in full and that every line is as per their email, I am still awaiting that confirmation, but the email states:

ETD 29-JULY QTY
GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G 50
GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC 60
GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC 20
GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 32
GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 140
GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC 40
GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 100
GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OC 10
RX 480 20

MSI 1080 Gaming X, 1080 Armor OC, 1080 Aero OC and Founders 1080 are all in stock also right now. The above is addition quantity incoming due on 29th, which is tomorrow but realistically we don't expect it here until Monday as we have had no phone call from UPS confirming delivery yet for tomorrow, so they are no doubt running late or MSI has miss-communicated.

I have requested an update which they will no doubt reply to in around 24hrs.

You guys have to remember I reply to what I see and I do not see everything, I don't always have the time to post on the forum, it is kind of more important I am actually buying the stock and working on new deals, the forum is something I do when I get time to do so or in my own spare time. Those requiring updates should be posting in CS section, calling sales, live chat etc. and they can give you updates.

The whole 1080 series has just being a mess, still two months on and demand is above supply.

Associate
Big bosses do not give shipping updates, their staff do that. MSI have had some internal problems with SKU's getting mixed up.

They sent me a shipping report today, I am still requesting a confirmation that it has actually shipped in full and that every line is as per their email, I am still awaiting that confirmation, but the email states:

ETD 29-JULY QTY
GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G 50
GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC 60
GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC 20
GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 32
GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 140
GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC 40
GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 100
GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OC 10
RX 480 20

MSI 1080 Gaming X, 1080 Armor OC, 1080 Aero OC and Founders 1080 are all in stock also right now. The above is addition quantity incoming due on 29th, which is tomorrow but realistically we don't expect it here until Monday as we have had no phone call from UPS confirming delivery yet for tomorrow, so they are no doubt running late or MSI has miss-communicated.

I have requested an update which they will no doubt reply to in around 24hrs.

You guys have to remember I reply to what I see and I do not see everything, I don't always have the time to post on the forum, it is kind of more important I am actually buying the stock and working on new deals, the forum is something I do when I get time to do so or in my own spare time. Those requiring updates should be posting in CS section, calling sales, live chat etc. and they can give you updates.

The whole 1080 series has just being a mess, still two months on and demand is above supply.

Wow i see you replied to my CS thing personally I'm gonna stop running my mouth and have replied there.

Associate
The KFA2 wait is now beyond a joke.
If you contact CS all you get is ,, the end of the week ,, the end of next week ,, couple of weeks time ,, the end of the month.

Gibbo even has no answer, when he even bothers to answer a KFA2 post.

If you have no clue or don't care when they arrive, just say so.
Don't peddle this week after week crap, which is obviously a lie.

ehhhh... :(

ETD 29-JULY QTY
GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G 50
GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC 60
GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC 20
GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 32
GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 140
GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC 40
GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 100
GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OC 10
RX 480 20

and again...

GTX KFA2 1080 blower 0(yep,again 0)

I love it!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
Hi All

I am off now for 2 weeks holiday.

Gibbo will be updated by other EVGA staff members as to incoming units on GTX1080 cards on all models. Sure Gibbo will keep you all updated.

The shipment from last week will land Monday and then the next drop 50 x FTW and 30 x SC should be Friday 29th to Overclockers. Potentially first small Classified arrival on this shipment also. Nothing confirmed yet.

Thanks
Ben

I am not getting any response from EVGA sorry, both Ben and his manager are on holiday. So now I am pretty blind and any shipments will be a surprise delivery.

Looks like he forgot to tell his staff:(

OcUK Staff
OP

ETD 29-JULY QTY
GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G 50
GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC 60
GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC 20
GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 32
GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 140
GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC 40
GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 100
GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OC 10
RX 480 20

and again...

OK seen it, I shall ask KFA2 for an update in the morning.

Last update from KFA2 was 20 units, those arrived and shipped out on 27th of May, yes it has being that long. The last email simply states delayed due to lack of GPU supply from NVIDIA.

I shall speak with my contact tomorrow morning, he is asleep now.

Associate

ETD 29-JULY QTY
GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G 50
GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC 60
GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC 20
GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 32
GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 140
GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC 40
GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 100
GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OC 10
RX 480 20

and again...

those are all MSI altho i feel your pain

Associate
Hmmmmmmm I think all the people on here that keep spouting "And those people saying that Nvidia were 6 months behind AMD were clearly wrong" may want to have a re-think about all this.

To me it is obvious that Nvidia wanted to get one up on AMD and beat them to the release of new cards, so they knowingly had the launch on May 27th to guzump AMD, knowing full well that all their avid followers would either buy the overpriced Founders Edition or jump on the pre-order bandwagon for AIBs and hand over their hard earned cash for cards that were no where close to full production rates.

I don't think it's OCUKs fault that a lot of you have paid your money up front and are waiting for cards. They didnt force you to do this. OCUK are just being very business savvy by having your money in their account making them a nice bit of interest. Now all they have to do is send out those orders when they arrive.

If OCUK are being told porkies by manufacturers then it's not their fault. Obviously they just pass on any info that they are getting. At least they pass it on....it's better than silence.

This happens time and time again with new products and no-one seems to learn any lessons. This time it has been made worse by the node shrink with production probably not going as efficiently as any of the manufacturers would like for either side of the GFX Fence be it Green or Red.

The crazy thing here though is that Nvidia are already announcing the Titan XP and that Volta is coming sooner than expected.....What with all these shortages of the 1080 AIB cards you must all be bonkers thinking that you will see a Titan XP AIB before next April let alone Volta. They are just throwing these things out there to stop you considering anything else. Business Tactics at it's most powerful from a very powerful master of marketing. Go Nvidia ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks like he forgot to tell his staff:(

The only other staff I can communicate with are logistics who email me when an order ships and the last order which shipped was earlier this week but that was 1080 FE, 1070's and 1060's along with some power supplies.

There is no one who can tell me what future shipments will be until either Ben or his manager is back which is late next week.

Back
Top Bottom