• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Call sales and they shall sort the swap for you. :)

EVGA need to try to speed up and ship a lot more as Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, Gainward are all starting to make much nicer and larger shipments this weekend forwards to OcUK. :)

Gibbo, thought I was might as well ask how it's looking for Zotac Amp! Edition availability. Thanks.

Associate
We've had some Strix arrive, but now with nearly 1000 pre-sold it is gonna take some time. I also think Asus pushed themselves a little hard with their boost clock being over 1900MHz, resulting in the yields in their testing on not so great at present. I am sure towards end of month it will improve a lot however and Asus are very aware of the situation at OcUK, I think OcUK for Strix is actually their world no.1 customer with no other online reseller worldwide outselling OcUK.

Not bad for this little island called the UK, so yes Asus HQ are well aware of our sales and are now promising to direct all UK shipments to OcUK and to try and divert EU/Asia shipments also OcUK direction simply because we vastly outsold anyone else. :)

Do you know how many are expected this Friday? ETA 17th, or if this shipment is still on track?

Soldato
20160616_090309_zpsqwoy2hnw.jpg

Getting there slowly

Associate
My reply from CS says that they're expecting a delivery tomorrow from inno3d for x3's. Hope Inno3d pull through, OcUK are getting a lot of cancellations because of bad suppliers. I'm just blessed with. Little thing called patience haha. Also to the people complaining about OcUK taking there money first... lucky you I paid through Amazon pay and have already spent my money once haha.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, thought I was might as well ask how it's looking for Zotac Amp! Edition availability. Thanks.

They might ship some this weekend, MIGHT, if not then next weekend.

I have no idea what has happened to cause the GPU delays because NVIDIA would not want this either due to 100,000's customers now waiting for cards worldwide on backorder.

I am sure towards end of month things will improve greatly for all brands.

Associate
Right, taking a punt on the GLH now with Overclockers. Just cancelled a G1 with another retailer who has no idea when they will be in. GLH looks pretty much the same as G1. Gibbo I am putting my faith in you that these are coming. Just flogged my 2nd Titan x on the bay and am now cardless. God I might actually have to turn the XBone on! At least there is some good footie on at the moment.

OcUK Staff
OP
Do you know how many are expected this Friday? ETA 17th, or if this shipment is still on track?

Yes it arrived yesterday, 10 units, potentially another 10 tomorrow, dribs at the moment.

I am going to discuss with Asus next week if the clock speeds are the issue and maybe recommend to them they make an adjustment on the boost clock down to 1885MHz to improve yields as I feel the 1936MHz boost is to hard to achieve on any card out the box based on air cooling. Plus performance difference between 1885 - 1936MHz would be like 1-2fps, less than 1%. So I shall discuss with them some options if the boost clocks are impacting yield, I could be wrong but I know that 1080/1070 are not as good clockers as Maxwell was.

Pascal responds to lower temperatures and not voltage, making it a hugely fast card stock, but not so great for the overclocker unless your an extreme overclocker using water, LN2 etc.

OcUK Staff
OP
Right, taking a punt on the GLH now with Overclockers. Just cancelled a G1 with another retailer who has no idea when they will be in. GLH looks pretty much the same as G1. Gibbo I am putting my faith in you that these are coming. Just flogged my 2nd Titan x on the bay and am now cardless. God I might actually have to turn the XBone on! At least there is some good footie on at the moment.

GLH shipped from Hong Kong today I think, fingers crossed for Monday/Tuesday. :)

Ten on the way, only one pre-sold (yours). :)

Associate
GLH shipped from Hong Kong today I think, fingers crossed for Monday/Tuesday. :)

Ten on the way, only one pre-sold (yours). :)

msi aeros still due in tomorrow?

ive noticed another retailer actually have stock, so I wondered maybe tomorrow isn't too hopeful ?

Associate
Yes it arrived yesterday, 10 units, potentially another 10 tomorrow, dribs at the moment.

I am going to discuss with Asus next week if the clock speeds are the issue and maybe recommend to them they make an adjustment on the boost clock down to 1885MHz to improve yields as I feel the 1936MHz boost is to hard to achieve on any card out the box based on air cooling. Plus performance difference between 1885 - 1936MHz would be like 1-2fps, less than 1%. So I shall discuss with them some options if the boost clocks are impacting yield, I could be wrong but I know that 1080/1070 are not as good clockers as Maxwell was.

Pascal responds to lower temperatures and not voltage, making it a hugely fast card stock, but not so great for the overclocker unless your an extreme overclocker using water, LN2 etc.

Ok thank-you for answering. Not great news, but at least you're willing to answer and keep us informed.

Associate
I suspect availability is hindered by the process shrink. Maxwell and Kepler were both 28 nm and there were some 28 nm Fermi mobile chips. The shift to 16 nm on Pascal is probably what's putting Nvidia under pressure (pun intended).

Soldato
I loved the Palit 980 and 980 Ti Jetstreams that I had. Really, really quiet even under full load. These new Palit/Gainward cards appear to be using the same heatsink and fans, just with a different shroud, so they should be good too.

Associate
The cooler is good, same cooler as Palit just different colour. Only issue I see is it is physically very big but it performs well. :)

I think that's a big selling point for some (me included): I do look for ridicolous coolers - like the Amp! Extreme - with the simple assumption they'll cool the chip effortlessly.

Altough Pascal so far doesn't necessarily need that kind of cooling like the 980Ti did.

Back
Top Bottom