OCZ Vertex 2E 60GB Benchmark

Associate
I used Both the OCZ Vertex tweak guide and tweak utility and since i just cloned my old SSD, the tweaks were copied over to the new Vertex 2. It seems i'm getting way faster speed than 6GB/s Crucial C300.:D

Associate
To satisfy my curiosity, I reinstalled W7 last night and ran some bench right after install and it looks like my drive is back to normal.

vzanp2.jpg
2yx111y.jpg

o69ull.jpg

Restart Time

xshlv.jpg

Boot Time

2rp5wgn.jpg

WEI

23jjy15.jpg

Ohhhmmm? :rolleyes:I think i'm gonna implement the tweaks again. It certainly felt a bit snappier than the standard one.:D

Associate
I know my board is old (939dual-sata2 with no AHCI option in the BIOS) but this still seems to be too low, Sata2 port has been used. Same speed before and after tweaks. Have tried in IDE mode and it's worse than this.

Any ideas?

assg.jpg

attog.jpg

Associate
Here's my 2x RAID0 OCZ Vertex 2E 60GB benchmarks

raid0ssd.png

ssdbench2.png

(upgraded from 4x RAID0 150GB Raptors.. and wow can I tell the difference)

Last edited:
Soldato
I miss my SSD loved the fact 6 months down the line when i formatted again the drive didn't lose performance from fresh install up to 6 months.

On the other hand back on my Raid0 setup its crap to put it bluntly give it a month and it instantly feels slower, formatted it after 2 months and the speed increase was amazing, but alas its lost it again, i believe it when people say when you used a SSD you won't want to go back to normal harddrives. When my pc booted up on the SSD it was fast, everything loaded up instantly now i got the wait for everything to come in across the bottom, terrible speed difference anyone that says there isn't is talking poo to put it bluntly.

Associate
I am having issues with my vertex 2e 60GB. When i first installed windows 7, including update it would boot in 30 seconds about 20 of which was bios. But now that i have installed SQL on it and used about 40-50% of the drive in total it now takes 40 seconds to boot!

I used crystal disk; on the "supported features" line it has there SMART, 48Bit LBA, NCQ and TRIM in black; APM and AMM are greyed out. I have version 1.1 of the firmware. Do i need to enable TRIM within windows? How can i get the speed back to how it was; i though the idea of TRIM was to ensure the drive stays fast no matter how full it is?

I have not enabled AHCI in bios yet on my ASUS P%Q pro turbo; is it on automatically? If i do this will it affect the data on my drives / would i have to reformat or anything?

Thanks

Associate
Hi I got mine a few weeks back, finally got around to installing ahci and I have seen some performance increase, currently its in SATA port 5 :o

How much extra performance would I gain if I moved it to SATA port 1?

Some screenies (because we love them):

Before IDE:
f4fq8o.png

After AHCI:
2sbvepv.png

Associate
I would just like to say that running a lot of bench marks will use up all the nand and the drive will then be a lot slower until it has time to clear it all again. So don't get too carried away with your benchmarking.

Associate
Hi I got mine a few weeks back, finally got around to installing ahci and I have seen some performance increase, currently its in SATA port 5 :o

How much extra performance would I gain if I moved it to SATA port 1?

Some screenies (because we love them):

Before IDE:
f4fq8o.png

After AHCI:
2sbvepv.png

Do a Secure Erase and re-install Windows using AHCI mode and use the first SATA port. Install iIntel IRST Driver and enable "Write caching" on the drive either through IRST app or through Device Manager.

Associate
Do a Secure Erase and re-install Windows using AHCI mode and use the first SATA port. Install iIntel IRST Driver and enable "Write caching" on the drive either through IRST app or through Device Manager.

That sounds like far to much hassle, will just plug it in 1 and hope for the best, not much performance to be gained right?

Associate
Here are my results for my OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD

atto.jpg

Ran quite a few other benchmarks before this one, after realising that Atto was the best for this particular drive.

Back
Top Bottom