Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Soldato
HM Embody looks incredible but don’t think I can justify 1.5k.
Anything close to this for sub 1k price range?
Currently using an Ikea office chair: MARKUS Office chair, which is fine but considering an upgrade since working from home more. Also like to game time allowing but sit for prolonged periods working mostly.

Go for it. Get it on finance and just pay it up. I’d wait until they have a sale/discount, they happen quite often.

You won’t regret it.

Soldato
Currently using an Ikea office chair: MARKUS Office chair, which is fine but considering an upgrade since working from home more. Also like to game time allowing but sit for prolonged periods working mostly.

Herman Miller have an eBay outlet. I’ve picked up the Logitech G version of the Embody for £1,100ish.

Soldato
I received a Corsair T3 Rush yesterday and like it. Only thing is it creaks on the left side when I lean back on it. Could be something to do with the way I assembled it, maybe tightened the screws too much or too little.

It took me about an hour to assemble and wasn't the easiest there's a lot of parts in the box that need assembling. I followed a video on Corsairs website and that helped a lot.

Overall satisfied, the creaking is a minor annoyance and I only paid £219.99 for it as it was in a sale.

Caporegime
Wish I could remember what mine was. It came from a company I used to work for and I got to keep it after.
Not had any issues with it.

Soldato
The creaking on my chair appears to be coming from the plastic side arm pictured here...

N3l6faL.jpeg

If I lean back on the chair it creaks a bit as its being pushed back then when I lean forward it creaks again as it moves back into original position.

Soldato
You don’t but I’m not hard on my chairs so a 12 year warranty is wasted on me. Thanks for the heads up about the sale though as there’s a good chance my chair won’t turn up due to FedEx being awful as usual

EDIT: I did FedEx a disservice. The driver called back round this afternoon so I’ve now got my chair. Had a very quick seat in it and it was very comfy. Much more so than it looks like it should

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the suggestion’s, it does seem a bit crazy you don’t get any warranty in the outlet store, even 3 or 5 year warranty would be a large reduction compared to new. It’s a decent discount, think I’ll hang on until the sale to compare prices before making a decision

Soldato
I have a HM Aeron and still find it very comfortable. I think the Embody will be my next purchase
I'm on a second hand Aeron at the moment and looking to get the Embody the next time there's a sale on - only worry is the foam rather than mesh will be hotter come the summer months.

Soldato
I never even thought of that but for what it’s worth when I used one in Japan in >30ºC and it was fine. Granted the room was chilled by A/C but it wasn’t exactly freezing in there.

Associate
I'm on a second hand Aeron at the moment and looking to get the Embody the next time there's a sale on - only worry is the foam rather than mesh will be hotter come the summer months.
I didnt have any problems with my Embody last summer. The foams not that thick on them and is very breathable.

Back
Top Bottom