Poll: Official 2023 Hungarian Grand Prix Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Round 12

Rate the Hungarian race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Was a bit of a meh race but happy that McLaren were able to perform well again. I’m hoping Aston will bring something to the 2nd half of the season as they seem to have been surpassed by other teams now and having Alonso in the mix up front is always going to be better than having him languishing further back.

Got to feel for Alpine - I’m struggling to remember the last time a team had 2 consecutive double DNF’s. I’m relying on a OCUK F1 connoisseur to confirm!

The combination of Max in a rocket ship car is pretty much game over for the season, but the obvious observation is that (assuming Perez has the same car) the ability and consistency of Max is the key differentiator.

Not a fan of Max or RBR, but can’t fault his performance this season, and the wider team strategy and performances on race day have been pretty much impeccable. I wonder if there will be any reports of financial non-compliance this year, not just at RBR but at other teams chancing their arm. Pretty sure it’s near that time unless I’m misremembering.

I’d like to see Williams getting nearer the front. I’d also like to see Ricciardo drive in the way I know he can and comprehensively out perform Yuki.

Looking forward to the rest of the season and how it pans out.

Commissario
Soldato
It would just be nice to see if DRS is still needed. Or whether it could be nerfed. Like limiting the number of activations or something.

A good start would be getting rid of the single detection double zones like Hungary. We had a few good battles around T1 to T3 but equally saw DRS passes in to T1 but the fight get nullified by the, now lead car, having DRS to pull away.

Caporegime
Got to feel for Alpine - I’m struggling to remember the last time a team had 2 consecutive double DNF’s. I’m relying on a OCUK F1 connoisseur to confirm!

And both cars gone in one corner with no fault of their own this time.

Certainly doesn't happen often, Toro Rosso in 2007 did it in their run of 15 (!) DNFs in 9 races, which also includes a run of three consecutive races (FRA, GBR, EUR) in which neither car finished (although Liuzzi was classified at Silverstone). Oh, and they did it again in 2009 too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And both cars gone in one corner with no fault of their own this time.

Certainly doesn't happen often, Toro Rosso in 2007 did it in their run of 15 (!) DNFs in 9 races, which also includes a run of three consecutive races (FRA, GBR, EUR) in which neither car finished (although Liuzzi was classified at Silverstone). Oh, and they did it again in 2009 too.

On plus side alpine are likely to be rooted to 6th this year.

They won't be caught from behind. They won't catch the teams ahead. (I don't think they are going to do a McLaren).

Really struggling with enthusiasm for alpine at the moment. No real interest in thier drivers. Not really liking thier team ethos (the headlines of intra team criticism). The way they botched the driver contacts.
8f I hadn't supported them for so long I don't know what would draw me to them now.

McLaren on flip side have the exuberant Zak, I two great drivers. Really like piastri. How calm he was. And on that radio not jumping on blaming the car that overtook him. Norris is a great driver. The team seem likable.

Alpine, alpha, haas. They all seem a bit anonymous.

Last edited:
Soldato
McLaren on flip side have the exuberant Zak, I two great drivers. Really like piastri. How calm he was. And on that radio not jumping on blaming the car that overtook him. Norris is a great driver. The team seem likable.

Alpine, alpha, haas. They all seem a bit anonymous.
My girlfriend always used to say Zak Brown looked like a sex pest :p He seems a lot more likeable now for some reason. As for the others seeming a bit anonymous, I guess it's hard at the back/midfield to really show any character or anything. It's probably always like that.

Caporegime
My girlfriend always used to say Zak Brown looked like a sex pest :p He seems a lot more likeable now for some reason. As for the others seeming a bit anonymous, I guess it's hard at the back/midfield to really show any character or anything. It's probably always like that.

Its harder as you don't grab the headlines. But Williams seem still a decent team. Haas and alfa are so anonymous, you barely see them. Especially bottas. Sometimes I don't even think he's mentioned apart from in the grid run down! :D

Man of Honour
OP
Its harder as you don't grab the headlines. But Williams seem still a decent team. Haas and alfa are so anonymous, you barely see them. Especially bottas. Sometimes I don't even think he's mentioned apart from in the grid run down! :D

Williams are helped by having Albon who's generally very media friendly and generally well liked.

Caporegime
I really want Williams to do well again. YouTube has been giving me lots of old F1 stuff where they were so good. It still hurts to see them such a shadow of their former self.

I think they're at last moving in the right direction. Strong leadership, good drivers, decent financial backing, and the budget cap mean they are in a good position to do so after so long in the wilderness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom