Poll: Official 2023 Mexican Grand Prix Thread - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City - Round 20

Rate the Mexican race out of ten.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour

Belgian-GP-Header.png

Mexico City

When was the track built?

In 1959. The father of Mexico’s most famous racing brothers, Ricardo and Pedro Rodriguez, was an advisor to Mexican President Adolfo Lopez Mateo, and had a word in his boss’s ear about building a racing circuit in Mexico City’s Magdalena Mixiuhca sports park using the existing internal roads. El Presidente liked the idea, and work on the track was completed in under a year.

When was its first Grand Prix?

Formula 1 cars arrived in 1962 for a non-championship race, returning the following year for a proper, bona fide Grand Prix. That 1963 race was won by Jim Clark, while for the next few years, Mexico’s fiesta vibes meant it became the traditional season-ender for Formula 1. Mexico was welcomed back onto the F1 calendar in 2015.

What’s the circuit like?

High up! The Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez sits over 2km above sea level, making the 4.3km lap a breathless experience. The track still largely follows the outline of the original 1959 circuit, the main difference being that the spectacular – and spectacularly scary – Peralta corner is now bisected, with the circuit instead winding through the old Foro Sol baseball stadium, providing one F1’s most unique vistas.

Why go?

Mexico City is one of the world’s most buzzing, vibrant metropolises. And with the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez located just to the east of the city, with a metro station ready to whip you into the downtown at the end of each day’s racing action, the Mexican Grand Prix is a fantastic chance to properly mix sport and culture.

Where is the best place to watch?

Fight tooth and nail for a spot in the Foro Sol. Not only will you get to peer down into the cockpits of the drivers as they pass through the stadium, but the atmosphere when the podium ceremony unfolds there has to be experienced to be believed.

Mexican Grand Prix 2023 - Schedule Information & TV Broadcast Times

Screenshot-20230724-173932-Power-Point.jpg

Channel 4 Highlights - Broadcast Times

Sunday 29th October- Mexican GP Qualifying & Sprint Race Highlights - 08:30
Monday 30th October- Mexican GP Race Highlights - 01:00 & 08:25

Weekend Weather Forecast (as of 23/10/2023)

Screenshot-20230724-173547-Kiwi-Browser.jpg

Track Diagram & Information

Screenshot-20230723-182624-Kiwi-Browser.jpg

Previous Race Highlights

Drivers Championship

Screenshot-20230723-185650-Kiwi-Browser.jpg

Constructors Championship

Screenshot-20230723-185816-Kiwi-Browser.jpg
v

Just a reminder, but consider it a warning - can we not have any further derogatory name calling of drivers, team bosses and the like. We don't expect you to like every driver/team, but at least keep comments respectful.

If you don't follow this warning, you will lose access to the race thread and the thread for the following race as well.

This includes but is not limited to such terms including Lulu, Crashstappen, Karen Horner, Whingey Spice etc.

Caporegime
Just heard about a hurricane making land in Mexico, I've not looked at maps, is it going anywhere near here?

It's made landfall at Acapulco (which I was today year's old when I learned where that is, I only know it from the song) and is heading north, looks like Mexico City (where the circuit) is will get the edge of the storm but I think it's unlikely that'll cause any major problems and it looks like the rain will be gone before the weekend kicks off.

Soldato
I'm heading out to Mexico, Cancun tomorrow. I looked at taking a trip out to Mexico City to watch the GP at the track, but it's too much hassle, so will be watching this one from the All Inclusive Sports bar :) :)

Just heard about a hurricane making land in Mexico, I've not looked at maps, is it going anywhere near here?

Looks like it should clear before the weekend

Soldato
I can see Perez trying a bit too hard here and crashing off :o I don't think his head is in the right place, even though he faired better last weekend. The pressure and attention will be immense.

Perez retirement announcement weekend???
Or that :p

Associate
Not suspicious, desperately sucking up so they don't get booed quite so much again.
How?
Suspicions are they have told him they wont renew and are letting him walk away on his own terms, rather than cut him and force his retirement through no one wanting him.
Thats quite a respectful way about it.

img

img

Associate
Not a fan of this race usually, track doesn't often result in that good.
Perez to go off is probably a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom