Poll: Official 2023 United States Grand Prix Thread - Circuit of the Americas, Austin - Round 19

Rate the USA race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I can see all the different points of view here to be honest. My main takeaways are:

* The main problem re checking all the cars, is that there probably isn't the resources to do so before they need top be packed up and shipped on... Especially as the plank is probably one of many many things that could be checked...
* How did they choose these cars? Random or watched throughout the race and thought, yep lets go with those 4. (Sparking a lot, hitting a lot of kerbs etc)
* 50% failing does seem to be high from a random test... But even if this did warrant a further look, the resource probably isn't there to do so?!

From what i've read this is the first time in 20 years so maybe we shouldn't all get too wound up/excited about it.. Toto has accepted it and said it was probably down to less running due to sprint race. Still, at least Lewis didn't win and then lose the result. :D

Soldato
I see these threads are still the same :D

Dont visit very often these days and these arguments are probably part of the reason. To be fair though , it's no worse than Autosport forums.

Soldato
As interesting as paint drying as far as I'm concerned. But then someone will make something of it.
I do hope Perez does have good weekend though..

Last edited:
Caporegime
. Hopefully Perez has a good weekend for once.

Doubtful, but you'd hope he might be able to pull his finger out for his home race.

I think he still might get mugged off by the better drivers in the Mercs, Ferraris and McLaren's.

Unfortunately, the talent in those teams are showing him up.

Last edited:
Associate
They don't need to test all cars for all rules every race, but if one car fails a particular test then it would make sense to at the very least test their team mates car, or even all points scoring cars for that particular test if there is reason to believe they might fail too.

I agree do not need to test all cars and would be a waste of time/resources to do so.

In my opinion all the cars that finish in the points should be checked and if a team mate is outside no point unless they are moves into the points because due to DQ of other drivers.

Soldato
It's getting like a broken record in here now and the opinions about 'plankgate' being regurgitated. Perhaps it's better discussions on the subject is taken elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom