Poll: Official 2023 United States Grand Prix Thread - Circuit of the Americas, Austin - Round 19

Rate the USA race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sorry but you're delusional, nobody saying Hamilton or Leclerc shouldn't have been disqualified.
That's the part you pick out of that entire reply to contest?
Nobody is saying that, according to yourself. But everyone then bleats on about fairness like they have treated LH and CL this way for personal reasons.
The FIA do not need to be fair, they need to follow the rules they put out, hence cars were sampled and non compliant cars were punished. It's honestly not rocket science.

Soldato
At this point it's trolling from a select few, not delusion. Anytime somebody wants to debate something, the response is that they're a Lewis supporter so their opinion is void. I don't see it with any other driver. In fact I don't remember seeing people hate on anyone on here even for supporting Max. Anger and annoyance towards Max and Redbull yes, but not shouting down others opinions because they like him. Seems to be a specific thing against Lewis fans. A lot of hate and energy. Quite bizarre.

Soldato
I would expect a ban if I started continuously replying to people's posts on these forums with words to the effect of "you're only saying that coz you love Lewis lolz". It becomes spam at that point. I mean why are people spending time and effort repeatedly doing that @Malt_Vinegar ?

Associate
At this point it's trolling from a select few, not delusion. Anytime somebody wants to debate something, the response is that they're a Lewis supporter so their opinion is void. I don't see it with any other driver. In fact I don't remember seeing people hate on anyone on here even for supporting Max. Anger and annoyance towards Max and Redbull yes, but not shouting down others opinions because they like him. Seems to be a specific thing against Lewis fans. A lot of hate and energy. Quite bizarre.
The only delusion being shown here is now yourself.
You seem to forget how much hate and nonsense was going around for max in the last two years.
It was even apparent in this thread only a couple pages ago.
Therea delusion, trolling and just outright lying.
I would expect a ban if I started continuously replying to people's posts on these forums with words to the effect of "you're only saying that coz you love Lewis lolz". It becomes spam at that point. I mean why are people spending time and effort repeatedly doing that @Malt_Vinegar ?
Except no one has done just that.
Or is this you only reading what you want to read?

Last edited:
Soldato
The only delusion being shown here is now yourself.
You seem to forget how much hate and nonsense was going around for max in the last two years.
It was even apparent in this thread only a couple pages ago.
Therea delusion, trolling and just outright lying.

Or is this you only reading what you want to read?

I agree. There was hate going round for Max and Redbull. If you try a bit harder to read and comprehend what I said, you'll perhaps understand it. People posting in this thread are directing it towards forum members by passively aggressively talking down all their posts with "it's coz you love Lewis" etc. Anyway... I'm prepared to move on I think this is going round in circles.
We've established that if something is controversial and Lewis is involved, our opinions which would favour anything to do with him, are wrong. Check.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree. There was hate going round for Max and Redbull. If you try a bit harder to read and comprehend what I said, you'll perhaps understand it. People posting in this thread are directing it towards forum members by passively aggressively talking down all their posts with "it's coz you love Lewis" etc. Anyway... I'm prepared to move on I think this is going round in circles.
We've established that if something is controversial and Lewis is involved, our opinions which would favour anything to do with him, are wrong. Check.
Apologies if I mis-read anything from your latest reply. The hate for LH or MV has been seen in here for a while now, but we can agree on our views are differing on controversial moments due to our own affiliations.
Again, I do agree if people are using it as their sole logic and reply, ban hammer. I thought you did mean myself, to which I dont think that has been my sole reason for replying.

Associate
Except that's pretty much what you were doing. There was no logical reasoning as to why you thought people were just upset because their favourite driver got punished.

All this talk for then increasing sample sizes into testing every car is just LH or CL fans livid at the decision and that they feel their fav driver is getting picked on, wah wah wah.
You are all moaning now because your fav driver got picked up (and you all deny this is the case)

Associate
Except that's pretty much what you were doing. There was no logical reasoning as to why you thought people were just upset because their favourite driver got punished.
Well done on showing you cannot understand context and bring in single sentences from multiple replies to justify your point.
People posting in this thread are directing it towards forum members by passively aggressively talking down all their posts with "it's coz you love Lewis" etc.
Thats what it was about and if you go back and check all replies, thats not the only issue or reason I bring up.
Try again.

No thanks, it’s clear you are just trolling.

Goodnight :)
Far from it.
Where is the fairness in Football when VAR has problems? Amongst numerous other issues.
Where is the fairness in MMA, when men with fake **** are competing and beating the **** out of women?
Where is the fairness in athletics where the same thing is happening?

Maybe you described yourself as all you have done is drop a sentence and then run away without backing anything up.

Associate
Well done on showing you cannot understand context and bring in single sentences from multiple replies to justify your point.
If I quote the whole post it makes no difference, the point remains the same.

If people had been saying LH and CL should be reinstated because half the grid was probably non compliant due to unique circumstances then sure, it would've been logical to assume that they were just upset that their favourite driver was punished. What people were actually saying is that more cars should've been tested to better enforce the rules and make it less of a lottery. It's nonsensical trolling to say from that it's just LH and CL fans crying.

Associate

Thats what it was about and if you go back and check all replies, thats not the only issue or reason I bring up.
Try again.

Far from it.
Where is the fairness in Football when VAR has problems? Amongst numerous other issues.
Where is the fairness in MMA, when men with fake **** are competing and beating the **** out of women?
Where is the fairness in athletics where the same thing is happening?

Maybe you described yourself as all you have done is drop a sentence and then run away without backing anything up.

Not sure why you are bringing up other sports it has nothing to do with this.

It is very clear in the regulations and both these drivers cars failed end off (This is why neither of the teams are even going to fight it they have no case)

Associate
from my understanding all cars are tested but the random test element is that no team knows which technical directives their car will be tested for. there are 183 (i believe) TD's and it just isn't possible to test all cars for all rules.

Associate
What people were actually saying is that more cars should've been tested to better enforce the rules and make it less of a lottery.
I understand your post.
What I have tried to explain is that;
- Its a sample, as set by the FIA, we can whinge and moan, its their rules, their sample, their decision what to do post sampling.
- They do not have the resources to test all cars on a more frequent basis or to all rules, before or after every race as it would take far too much time and defeats the point above.
- To achieve the level of testing some users have called for in here, the calendar would shrink massively, developments would be even more limited and only the most profitable races for F1 as a brand would be on that calendar.

Associate
I understand your post.
What I have tried to explain is that;
- Its a sample, as set by the FIA, we can whinge and moan, its their rules, their sample, their decision what to do post sampling.
- They do not have the resources to test all cars on a more frequent basis or to all rules, before or after every race as it would take far too much time and defeats the point above.
- To achieve the level of testing some users have called for in here, the calendar would shrink massively, developments would be even more limited and only the most profitable races for F1 as a brand would be on that calendar.
They don't need to test all cars for all rules every race, but if one car fails a particular test then it would make sense to at the very least test their team mates car, or even all points scoring cars for that particular test if there is reason to believe they might fail too.

Last edited:
Associate
They don't need to test all cars for all rules every race, but if one car fails a particular test then it would make sense to at the very least test their team mates car, or even all points scoring cars for that particular test.
That why I said some users and not you specifically want X.
I appreciate that is what you are saying though, do I agree with it? Not necessarily as that is not required in all aspects of life and test sampling, but please refer to;
Its a sample, as set by the FIA, we can whinge and moan, its their rules, their sample, their decision what to do post sampling.
Post sampling including results of sampling and next actions.
Our interests are not their interests. Or do none of us remember Ferrari's hidden punishment a couple years back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom