Poll: Official 2024 Bahrain Grand Prix Thread - International Circuit, Sakhir - Round 1

Rate the Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Well it its finally back; the start of the longest season in F1 history - lets hope we get all 24 races this season and lets hope its a little bit more exciting at the front! I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Bahrain-2023-Header.jpg

Sakhir Circuit:

When was the track built?

Ground was broken for the Bahrain International Circuit in December 2002. Like the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, the developers had a blank, sandy canvas to work with, and with that fashioned the technical, 5.4km track designed by Hermann Tilke.

When was its first Grand Prix?

It was 2004 when the drivers first lined up under an unusually cloudy sky for the inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix. The race was dominated (like many in 2004) by the two Ferraris, with Michael Schumacher winning out from Rubens Barrichello, while the crowds were also treated to [a fantastic dog-fight](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mRAjFGr4Q) between the Jaguar of Mark Webber and the Renault of Fernando Alonso.

What’s the circuit like?

You can usually expect great racing and decent amounts of overtaking in Bahrain, while the drivers have to contend with wind, racing under floodlights and the difficulty of finding a decent set-up with the wide temperature fluctuations between sessions. The track’s most challenging point is the tight, downhill, off-camber Turn 10 left-hander, while the fast run through Turn 12 is another highlight, allowing the racers to really feel their cars coming alive.

Why go?

Given the nature of the track, race-goers in Bahrain have always got a decent chance of being treated to a ['duel in the desert'](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTH87phrwEs) or three. Away from the race track, Bahrain, as you might expect, is a great place to catch some rays, with the 33-island archipelago kingdom featuring some jaw-dropping resorts. And if you want to do some racing yourself, the Bahrain International Karting Circuit, located right next to the track, is one of the world’s top karting facilities.

Bahrain Grand Prix 2024 - Schedule Information & TV Broadcast Times

image.png

image.png

image.png

Channel 4 Highlights - Broadcast Times

Friday 1st March - Bahrain GP Qualifying Highlights - 19:30
Saturday 2nd March - Bahrain GP Race Highlights - 19:50

Track Diagram and information:

Bahrain-Circuit-Map.png

Weather Forecast - Retrieved on Monday 26th February 2024:

Bahrain-Weather-250223.png

Previous Year Race Highlights:

2023 Bahrain Grand Prix Highlights
2022 Bahrain Grand Prix Highlights
2021 Bahrain Grand Prix Highlights

2024 FIA Driver Entry List

F1-2023-FIA-Entry-List.png

2024 FIA F1 Calendar

F1-2024-Calendar.png

Just a reminder, but consider it a warning - can we not have any further derogatory name calling of drivers, team bosses and the like. We don't expect you to like every driver/team, but at least keep comments respectful.

If you don't follow this warning, you will lose access to the race thread and the thread for the following race as well.

This includes but is not limited to such terms including Lulu, Crashstappen, Karen Horner, Whingey Spice etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Thanks @chrismscotland, not long to go until the first race. Looking forward to this, still no real idea what's going to happen.

Looking forward to it myself; seeing the cars on track last week has whet my appetite again!
Thanks @chrismscotland !

Have just been watching Drive to Survive, which has got me excited for the season to start again.

I've still never seen a single episode!

Associate
Be interesting to see what happens come 16:00 on friday for qualifying. I really hope its not cake walk for RB again this year and we actually get to see some competition.

Soldato
Thanks @chrismscotland

I'm excited for the first race of the season but I fear that Red Bull will have such a dominating lead that the season might be boring. I posted my 2024 predictions in the Pre-Season testing thread, feel free to drop your predictions there, and we'll revisit them at the end of the year.

Soldato
To some extent I think I might prefer it; takes up less time at the weekend!
There is a religious reason why the whole race weekend has moved a day forwards and we should respect this.
Then there is an FIA ruling that states the race days must be a full seven days in-between..

Soldato
Ferrari did look much better on their long run so they're probably second behind Red Bull. Behind the top group, probably Torro Rosso (Visa Cash Grab or whatever they're actually called)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom