• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official 3D Mark 11 scores**

Soldato
Also Gregster, for reference here is the score of mine above (1275/1750) with some tesselation mods in the driver (i.e. disabling it)

Just to use as a guide to go by if you think someone is up to no good ;)

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/4059306

Would be nice if one of you Nvidia guys could do the same with the 'performance - quality' slider in the nvidia control panel, iirc from my 670 setting it to performance gave a massive boost.

Caporegime
OP
8Pack - Are you going to do a couple of re-runs with tesselation on?

I only run benches when I am doing em for HWbot points. But I have a good new 7970 card that does 1500mhz-1520mhz Core on cascade. So when I run it next I will post the results here yes.

When you do those results, I am more than happy to post them up and look forward to seeing them. I don my cap to guys with the patience for Extreme overclocking.

Caporegime
OP
Also Gregster, for reference here is the score of mine above (1275/1750) with some tesselation mods in the driver (i.e. disabling it)

Just to use as a guide to go by if you think someone is up to no good ;)

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/4059306

Would be nice if one of you Nvidia guys could do the same with the 'performance - quality' slider in the nvidia control panel, iirc from my 670 setting it to performance gave a massive boost.

Ok thanks for that :)

Caporegime
OP
I dont see why 8Pack gets left out, his scores are insane. They deserve to be #1 even without link to 3D11.

I agree that they are great scores. This sight is Overclockers and I love seeing guys push GPUs/CPUs to the max. The only rule I made at the start was "link to 3dmark11". I am sure when he does his benches on his 1500mhz 7970, they will blow his old scores out the water and then I look forward to adding his name to the top of the table.

This thread was started as fun and has the possibility of letting others see how there systems compares to others. I don't for one minute think he has shopped his scores but I did show how easy it was to do and this is the only reason I ask for the link.

So much fuss over 1 simple rule :(

Oh and just to clarify...HWbot also requires a validation link. http://www.hwbot.org/article/general_rules

Last edited:
Soldato
That's impressive for a laptop, keeping up with the desktops!!

How much of a score increase would I see with faster ram? Been looking at some 2133mhz ripjaws to replace my 1600mhz vengeance.

Man of Honour
That's impressive for a laptop, keeping up with the desktops!!

How much of a score increase would I see with faster ram? Been looking at some 2133mhz ripjaws to replace my 1600mhz vengeance.

Nothing on the graphics score and maybe 100 points on your p score.

My p score increased by 280 points going from 2133mhz ram with slack timings to 2400mhz ram with tight timings.

Having said that you may end up with no increase at all. If you push the memory hard you may not be able to push your CPU so hard.

Associate
Just a little heads up for AMD owners i tried benchmarking again with my Gigabyte 7970 WF, so i started at the settings that scored me my 10028 score.
What the hell 9880,mmm i think, i thought perhaps just that the scores from time to time vary but not sure by how much, that seemed a lot.
Anyway tried again and this time even lower, strange so i tried overclocking higher than i had before and no matter how i tried i couldn't reach 10000 score!
Now i know you can hit a cliff but considering i reached 10000 before i thought wierd.
Then i remembered i did change my driver from when i last benchmarked, the driver i was using now was 8.921.2.0 19/1/2012, i think i went back to an old driver because i had a couple of BF3 issues but i think that was to do with my CPU overclock.
Anyway went back to 8.981.2.0 and sure enough higher scores, i got upto around 10222 with higher over clocks but i wont post that until someone gets between my score and the one above me which is 10300+.
So drivers deffintly do make a difference.
regards

Back
Top Bottom