Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
Concorde Rules said:
Ive got to flash the BIOS as its doesnt like my two BH-5 sticks. Also how do I find out whihc rivision I have?

Also im gonna flash with one 512Mb stick in slot 2, is this going to be okey?

Cheers Concorde

Revision number is on a sticker on PCI slot
Yes, one stick in whatever slot lets it post will be fine. You might want to check the default ram voltage in the BIOS before you flash. Mine was at 2.5 volts:(
Good luck:)

Permabanned
OP
OK guys.
Pls feel free to browse my image folder HERE

This is a quick run with all timings shown.
DFI_Bh5_270_415HTT.jpg

My system is as follows.

moBo= DFI Ultra-D RevA02
CPU= A64 3200 week46 retail (un capped)
Cooling= Ehiem 1250 pump,Alphacool NexXxos block, OCPC Rad(same 120.2) GFX= Saphire X800XL (5.1cats and std cooling/clocks)
PSU= jantech 450W
Ram= Corsair XLrev1.1 BH5 2x256 (optional twinmoss UTT 2x256 and some BH6/ch5)

I love this board, Major kudos to DFI and Oskar Wu

Permabanned
mine didnt have a sticker on the pci slot so how do you tell the revision without building the pc?

edit

sorry there is a sticker its on the side of the plastic pci slot, lol i thought it would be a big one on top, my revision is R.A02

Permabanned
OP
Amidar said:
Ricco,

I'm running my board with 2 sticks of Gskill,in the bios the memory is set to Auto do i just leave it at this? Also why does it not show 400Mhz as my Asus Intel board does,sorry but i'm new to AMD.

Thanks Amidar

Auto should be fine, as it will just use SPD timings.

Not sure what you mean by "Also why does it not show 400Mhz as my Asus Intel board does" do you mean at POST ?

Soldato
ricco said:
Auto should be fine, as it will just use SPD timings.

Not sure what you mean by "Also why does it not show 400Mhz as my Asus Intel board does" do you mean at POST ?

Hi Ricco,

Excuse my noobness as AMD is new to me i have always had Intel rigs.
On the Intel rig running a P4 3.2 800FSB the memory is set at 400Mhz but in dual channel this is 800Mhz which is 1-1.What is the bus speed of the A64.

Permabanned
OP
Amid, if you memory is set to auto, on POST it should say DDr400,DDr333, DDR266 etc, whatever this is 1/2 it is what your frequncy selection is.
But the the A64's do run on a 200mhz FSB.

An example would be my Xp3200.
If everything was set to auto, my PC3200 memory would run at 200mhz 1:1 with the CPU, as the XP3200 runs 200mhz x 10 = 2000mhz.

Permabanned
OP
Gary (btw sorry not forgot about the money, just not been into town),

I have no t realy played too much with the timing options.

All of mine are set to auto excluding:
Tcl = 2
Trcd=2
Tras=8 ( 8 here has been shown to give most bandwidth on NF4's)

If anyone does not understand the 'DRAM FREQUENCY SET=' option, I have covered this in some depth in this thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17363555

Associate
ricco (or anyone else who's a step ahead of me),

Where can you actually see which version of BIOS you are running? I've flashed to the latest BETA so I know which version I'm using, but because of the splash screen when you first boot the motherboard you don't get to see the usual BIOS version in the bottom left corner, and I can't find reference to the BIOS version anywhere in the BIOS.

D

Back
Top Bottom