**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I can imagine they are excited about all the $kins and the collectible$ they can offer the players in a multiplayer online game
Lol. Yeah. I hope it bombs hard. But I doubt it. People love buying virtual skins and tat. Chances are it will make a lot more money for them and we will never see a proper Fallout game ever again.

Caporegime
OP
:( I daresay there will be a mod to make it singlepayer.
I really dont see the point of this though. May as well have just made it singleplayer if there are going to be a dozen players sharing a world thats 4x the size of Fallout 4

Associate
:( I daresay there will be a mod to make it singlepayer.
I really dont see the point of this though. May as well have just made it singleplayer if there are going to be a dozen players sharing a world thats 4x the size of Fallout 4

I wouldn't.

If they're going the full online route, I wouldn't expect any non-creation club mods, and they'll never allow that.

Soldato
I wouldn't.

If they're going the full online route, I wouldn't expect any non-creation club mods, and they'll never allow that.
Exactly why they've pushed the online aspect into the game. If this is the direction they're going they Elder Scrolls will likely have a similar online push to it too even though it is a single player game. They really want the CC out there.

Soldato
I was hoping for a self contained, single player rpg experience. This is far removed from how I hoped Fallout would be represented, a decade after FO3 was released. It's not surprising though. The gaming industry is very different to what it was. Micro transactions are far more prevalent, and their insertion into persistent online games has proven to be highly profitable. Hence this title.

Soldato
Maybe if you watched the stage show or read what people have said you would realise you can play this as single player too.

You fail

He said SOLO play,which means you can play by yourself in a server full of randoms and there is no indication from his wording of being able to host your own server either,as it will be all Bethesda servers. If there is no ability to have your own servers,so just you and your mates can play,they can keep it.

So its basically more a PvP game not a PvE one.Oh,yes your settlements get attacked by animals,but its the same in ARK.

Co-op play I am all for,but not being forced to play with randoms. I don't mind it for FPS games like Planetside 2 or even MMOs,etc but not for something like this which involves building settlements and has a survival mechanic to it. If you ever played FO4 in survival and then built stuff using the resources you can get in-game its a time sink.

I honestly haven't got the time or inclination to be having to play a game everyday like a second job,so some 10 year old kid who plays 24/7 can just shout down the mic and just troll everyone(the nukes will be just for griefing) since you need to keep defending the settlements 24/7 in a PvP environment. Also the fact if you don't keep up with the obssessive players,they will be massively higher level than you and you will be finished.

I already play ARK on and off with mates,but we have our own server and it can be paused whenever we want it to be.

So basically a rust mod. Toxic community here we come. I'll pass.

This.

I think the fact it is Persistent online is more the worry.

Its not perfect,but D3 is that way and its fine. OFC,the big issue is when the servers go down,the game is finished.

It does make me wonder if a Wasteland game set in a 3D environment might work instead.

I was half expecting Fallout 76 to be just you and a few of your mates on the map,fighting for survival,ie, PvE.

Now this seems to be more PvP,its just meh.

Last edited:
Associate
I also have very mixed feelings about this and so hesitantly looking forward to more details. I am curious if they'll have world codes, in that you can generate a world and give your friends the code to it so you can all play / build together. Without needing playerone to start and invite people. But I have no interest in letting randoms pop in/out of my world. I want to play at my pace.

Soldato
I think the fact it is Persistent online is more the worry.

He also said, you can play it Solo like the previous games, because they like that too. So you can play it single player, IE with no other players, but what you do is saved to a online DB am guessing. Like Borderlands, The Division, Dead Island, Dying Light and even ARK, all games that can be played single player but can be done online.

Soldato
He also said, you can play it Solo like the previous games, because they like that too. So you can play it single player, IE with no other players, but what you do is saved to a online DB am guessing. Like Borderlands, The Division, Dead Island, Dying Light and even ARK, all games that can be played single player but can be done online.

He didn't say singer player but solo. Its a careful choice of words - he didn't say there wouldn't be randoms on the server,just that you don't need to play as a team.

For instance you can play ARK solo on a public server. Not that you really want to.

I also have very mixed feelings about this and so hesitantly looking forward to more details. I am curious if they'll have world codes, in that you can generate a world and give your friends the code to it so you can all play / build together. Without needing playerone to start and invite people. But I have no interest in letting randoms pop in/out of my world. I want to play at my pace.

This.

Last edited:
Associate
Guys stop seeing this as an original fallout game, see it as something different.

Just think about all the fun you’ll have playing with other OCUK players like we do on The Division.

Soldato
He didn't say singer player but solo. Its a careful choice of words - he didn't say there wouldn't be randoms on the server,just that you don't need to play as a team.

For instance you can play ARK solo on a public server. Not that you really want to.
This.

He made a bad choice of words, but f you listen fully, you understand that he means you can still play it solo as single player.

ARK you can play it single player, you don't need to join a server to play it "solo".

This is how it's going to be played, it be single player but with MP options, at worst it will be like ESO.

Soldato
He made a bad choice of words, but f you listen fully, you understand that he means you can still play it solo as single player.

ARK you can play it single player, you don't need to join a server to play it "solo".

This is how it's going to be played, it be single player but with MP options, at worst it will be like ESO.

You misread what I said - the game is online only with at least a dozen players per server. Point me to where he said you can play by yourself on the map in a PvE environment. He hasn't said that at all.

What I said about ARK is correct - imagine you being on a public server,but playing solo.

That is what this is going to be unless they clarify this properly. Try playing on a public server by yourself without having a tribe and see how that works out. It forces you towards group play.

He said solo for a reason. That means a group is optional,but he never once said you could have a playthrough with a map just to yourself.

Solo does not equal single player. It means you play by yourself.

Also he also didn't indicate at all,that like ARK you can host your OWN servers,ie,it will be all Bethesda ones,so that also means a high likelihood of no private servers for you and your mates.

I hope this is not the case,but sadly with devs nowadays its best to be not too over optimistic(sadly).

Last edited:
Permabanned
:( I dislike games we're forced to play online, It means the game has a shelf life & I don't rush through my games, As an example I'm on a second playthrough of Fallout 4 after losing the saves on an unfinished first playthrough & I'm past the 650 hours mark having not even met the railroad or institute yet. I wouldn't be surprised to find Fallout 76's servers get turned off before I'm finished with it. Hence why I look for games that offer the offline experience, It wouldn't be the first game I've bought & then seen disappear before I got around to playing it.

If true that's great but to me it sounds like it isn't, We'll know more soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom