**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
It would make more sense,if the people on the map had to work together despite their differences to survive,and even have certain objectives which need multiple groups to work on together for the benefit of everyone.

An example might be restoring a power plant and then one group had to protect that against animals which try to attack it and so on.

Completely agree, which is why I thought it would be a 500 person populated 'wasteland' where you all built up settlements and cities based on FO4s base building mechanics.
500 people being the size of vault 76 and their mentality of wanting to rebuild the US.

Soldato
Completely agree, which is why I thought it would be a 500 person populated 'wasteland' where you all built up settlements and cities based on FO4s base building mechanics.
500 people being the size of vault 76 and their mentality of wanting to rebuild the US.

That would be fun,but it probably won't be that!

Heard some vague statements about private servers in the interview - hopefully Bethesda will listen to the criticism and at least allow people to do that. At least you can play with your mates and no one else.

Soldato
Online == no mods!

Work with strangers == nobody will work together!

Build and protect bases == everything you make will get griefed/destroyed by the above strangers!

Every characters is a real person == no need for Bethesda to even bother writing any quests!

Dozens of players in the world == servers of about 24 players!

Support for years to come == we can milk this more easily after launch instead of making any new titles!

Of course the auditorium of trained seals arf-arfed and slapped their flippers together like good little fanboys still though. It looks like the now ~25 year old Gamebryo engine is being hooked up to a fresh round of life support so at least we can enjoy graphics that look just slightly better than Goldeneye 64! That'll be £60 + £40 for the season pass pls... or £200 if you want a crappy plastic helmet to go with it

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well, at least they got you guys talking a lot about it. Get the feeling everyone in here still talking about it and not moved on already will end up buying it anyway. Vote with your wallets and all that... lol :p:D

Associate
I'd like to be excited for this but ultimately, I am not.

The Fallout 4 announcement had me whooping from the window of the hype-train until it became clear that it was Fallout 3.5, or 3.75 at best, with a barely updated engine. I put a few hours in but never bothered to finish it.

Even if this were Fallout '5' I'd approach with trepidation.

As it is, I'm not even sure what this is. I could not give a monkey's for multiplayer or base-building so I guess that's me out!

Soldato
Well, at least they got you guys talking a lot about it. Get the feeling everyone in here still talking about it and not moved on already will end up buying it anyway. Vote with your wallets and all that... lol :p:D
What if it turns out to be a great enjoyable game?

Associate
Online == no mods!

Work with strangers == nobody will work together!

Build and protect bases == everything you make will get griefed/destroyed by the above strangers!

Every characters is a real person == no need for Bethesda to even bother writing any quests!

Dozens of players in the world == servers of about 24 players!

Support for years to come == we can milk this more easily after launch instead of making any new titles!

Of course the auditorium of trained seals arf-arfed and slapped their flippers together like good little fanboys still though. It looks like the now ~25 year old Gamebryo engine is being hooked up to a fresh round of life support so at least we can enjoy graphics that look just slightly better than Goldeneye 64! That'll be £60 + £40 for the season pass pls... or £200 if you want a crappy plastic helmet to go with it

Isn't the whole point of Bethesda games to mod them or am I missing something?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What if it turns out to be a great enjoyable game?
It most likely will for some, but that will not be possible for me as I am not interested on what's on offer and will not be buying it.

Plus I will vote with my wallet and only buy Fallout games that are single player. That is what I am interested in.

Back
Top Bottom