***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Associate
Still finding myself completely immersed in the detail of this open world.
This virtual society is one of the greatest technical achievements I've seen

gta-v.png

gtav.png

Caporegime
Wish I could like this game. Bought it for PS3 and have it free on PC thanks to Epic.

The driving physics just killed it stone dead, for me. Played and enjoyed every previous GTA. I loved the driving/handling in GTA 4. Loved it.

Soldato
Wish I could like this game. Bought it for PS3 and have it free on PC thanks to Epic.

The driving physics just killed it stone dead, for me. Played and enjoyed every previous GTA. I loved the driving/handling in GTA 4. Loved it.
I got it free thanks to Epic. However still can't play it and both roclstar and epic have been useless in fixing the issue.

Soldato
Wish I could get playing this on PC. Got it free on Epic years ago, but never had a PC then. However I've spent over 3 months engaging with Epic and Rockstar and still no further forward. Apparently my Epic account is linked to a Rockstar social account that I've never heard of nor have an email matching it. Trying to get them to unlink said social account is proving hard work. Think I'll have to cave and make a new social account with a new email account. 2hy I have to log jn to the flipping thing just to play single player is ridiculous.
Finally after 4 months I managed to get Rockstar to sort my account issues and I'm able to play The game now.

Anyone running any of the graphical and RTX mods? Whats best and easy to install?

Associate
Finally after 4 months I managed to get Rockstar to sort my account issues and I'm able to play The game now.

Anyone running any of the graphical and RTX mods? Whats best and easy to install?

I've recently started playing through single player again and using Natural Vision Remastered.
There is also Natural Vision Evolved, which I believe is newer and slightly better looking, both are available here: https://www.razedmods.com/gta-v

I know you only mentioned single player, but please be aware that with any mods installed you cannot play GTA:Online as it'll probably get you banned.
The reason that I went with Remastered was that Evolved is currently single player only, with other features behind a patreon paywall and I may decide to play unofficial multiplayer (using the FiveM client) again in the future - NMR includes the config/plugin for this.

Installation wasn't all that difficult, just follow the instructions in the included HTML file. You'll also need to install some pre-requisites including OpenIV.
Once you have it installed there are customisations you can make to tweak it to your liking, but I so far haven't bothered with that and it looks great. It mainly improves things like reflections and the lighting/weather effects, although there is a slight bug in that it makes some characters in mission cutscenes too bright which looks a bit odd!

Soldato

It was the best for me. I recall firing up GTAV on my PS3 at release and being horrified by the arcadey driving controls. Everything just felt slippery and non-weighted. I never did get used to it.

Caporegime
It was the best for me. I recall firing up GTAV on my PS3 at release and being horrified by the arcadey driving controls. Everything just felt slippery and non-weighted. I never did get used to it.
I hated not being able to lose control of the cars and bikes. I remember the first bike I tried in 5 and it could turn 90 degrees at top speed. Absolute nonsense.

I also hated the retrograde steps they made with the physics engine. A bus could no longer push a car. I mean, soooo much fun was had in the older GTAs using big vehicles as a battering ram. In 5, you just came to a dead stop if you hit a car with a bus. Seriously?!

I must have played all of 1 or 2 hours and decided - purely due to the driving - that it was garbage. No matter how good everything else may have been, GTA is a driving game. I had no interest in a driving game where the driving was that bad.

Caporegime
tTrailer in Dec, so game release a year or two later, on console. PC release? 2027 give or take :cry:

You'd really hope they release the pc version at the same time on this occasion, especially considering the new consoles are more like a PC than ever before.

Last edited:
Underboss
Rockstar have just announced GTA 6 trailer coming next month LETS GOOOOOO

I've seen some YTbers announce this also, but i didn't think it was true
be good to have an official announcement for the game :)

Man of Honour
I'm guessing they'll release it on console first like with GTA 5 to cash in on the double dippers,

They may even bundle it in with the PS5 Pro which is rumoured to be released the end of next year as an exclusive for a few months as they did that with the expanded and enhanced version of GTA 5

Soldato
Well the "Chop Shop" DLC was added today.

My first impression is meh.

The business only updates once a week, so once you have done the 3 cars on offer, you have to wait 7 days.......... and the business cost me 5.7 million.

You can now buy a cop car........

However as there are none of the PS5/Xbone X/S features, it is very lite on new content. and what is available is stupidly expensive.

Back
Top Bottom