**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Soldato
You can root but only an early version on CyanogenMod available. To unlock the bootloader you will void warranty and cannot be relocked, but you can root without unlocking the bootloader.

Associate
Arrived yesterday. Not keen on the stock launcher and icons so have put Nova launcher on there. Two things I don't like: coming from a HTC M8 the build quality is a real step down. It just feels cheap in comparison. The buttons on the back, not sure how I feel about these at the moment, maybe they take a little time to get used to.

Associate
Thinking of returning the Nexus 6 and picking up one of these as they're available for decent prices now. Anyone having any of the touchscreen or other issues I've read about? How is battery life on the latest update?

Soldato
I just got mine.

Loving it,

I have basically got it identical to my Nexus 5 software wise now.
Uninstalled a lot of the bloat and then installed Now launcher, Then got all the google apps (except camera and dialler on it)

Awesome :)

The remote is so handy as well, Can recommend any good fitting screen protectors?

Any has anyone done the Wireless charging upgrade?

Soldato
Pulled the trigger on one of these today, backed into a corner with my borked Nexus 5, CPW say it'll be a 3 week turnaround to repair. The G4 should arrive tomorrow morning.
I'm mildly concerned about the dimensions, 5in seems like the maximum comfortable screen size to me, but we'll see.
I'm also surprised about the lack of native wireless charging support, I know you can get an official case that introduces it, but still...
I'll likely go the same route that Scottland has above, no sense in having a wireless charger and not using it!
I have no experience of the LG UI, but I'm assuming that it can't be anything like as bad as TouchWiz?

This is identical as what happened to me, Same day!!!

I tried to fix my N5,. borked it.

Soldato
Mines turned up today (should have been Friday) all is good and is much nicer to use than the note 4 was with touchwiz, few updates done since turning it on, now running V10c if that's the latest?

Got the black leather one and came with a spare back cover, next thing is to get a tempered glass protector and a qi charging case or adapter, I do quite fancy the LG quick circle case however

Associate
Just ordered mine... £297 all in, brand new in Ceramic White... coming from a Note 4... should be interesting as its my first LG phone, looking forward to seeing if its as "buttery smooth" as everyone says...and I can wave Touchwiz goodbye

Soldato
looking forward to seeing if its as "buttery smooth" as everyone says...and I can wave Touchwiz goodbye

Mine is very smooth, though I have disabled as much bloat as I can and am running nova launcher. Not rooted.

Mines turned up today (should have been Friday) all is good and is much nicer to use than the note 4 was with touchwiz, few updates done since turning it on, now running V10c if that's the latest?

Yep V10c is what I'm on

Soldato
BTW. Anyone know a cheap place to get the leather backs?

£30 is about the cheapest. Check out item# 331594707818 on a popular auction site.

As for Qi charging. I've had a couple of different stickers from different sellers and they all have the same problem - they don't have enough thickness to make proper contact with the pins. Fortunately putting something behind the contact patch seems to alleviate this problem (see my picture earlier in this thread).

Soldato
Ooo can you share where you got it for this price please?

Mine was £325 on ebay, link was on previous page I believe, but I had a 10% off voucher so came in a tad cheaper, thought it was worth the risk as I could probably sell it on for a similar amount to what I ended up paying for it.

Only had it less than a day but i'm pretty happy with it tbh, the size of the screen is great without being too big to hold in one hand, its not that much bigger than my Lumia 640 (non xl). Battery life I obviously need to learn but I was working earlier and my son hammered it for 3 hours non stop watching Stampy on youtube! was around 38% left so not too bad. Its nice to be able to get some apps again :)

Back
Top Bottom