**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
By gawd this game is a beast to install. To install the Standard edition, it's dawned on me it's going to take ages!

Crickey, it takes me back to the nineties and leaving the PC on overnight and then some! :eek:

Strange as I have this on Xbox One and don't remember it taking hours!

I had to download it and reinstall it plus all the world updates/addons etc a few weeks ago after i built a new PC system

Took ages to do on my 40mb line :cry:
(i actually have and pay for a 60mb line but i only get 43mb download speeds) :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
Main thing I find is make sure your Community\content folder is outside your main install, that way you can re-download the game but most of the DLC etc doesn't need to be re-downloaded. I have a massive love\hate with this game, if it works it glorious but there are times when it crashes or you have to update and then update in game means I have setup to play then can't be bothered waiting.

But I'll still have another flight tomorrow probably :)

Last edited:
Soldato
You can copy out the main game too, to a backup drive.

Then when you start to download the game, let it get to 1%, stop it, go copy your backup into the folder and load game again.

I'm on a slow line too, took 4 days to get it first time around and it didn't work.

Never want to go through that again!

Back
Top Bottom