**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
So.

I did my upgrade.

It is much (much) better, but using the Developer tools I've noticed that turning on Frame Generation.... well... pretty much reduces my FPS ?! I'm at about ~70-80 FPS when in the air and about 55-60 on the ground. before I turn it on, and it basically dips when I do.

I'm still getting 'limited by mainthread' which I thought was due to CPU bottleneck.

To clarify, I'm running spec as per my sig block. I'm running 3440x1080 Resolution. Trying 5120x1440 doesn't seem to change the situation. Graphics are set to ultra.

I do get stuttering if I try and pan the camera around rapidly... I thought this would be rock solid looking at the videos I saw online first

DLSS is on.

Associate
I notice my install with all updates is over 800Gb in the WpSystem folder and it is the only Xbox game i have.
Is this normal or has something gone adrift with my installation?
Currently having to move from my 1TB SSD to an old mechanical drive which is far from ideal but with only 3GB available space left on my SSD drive action had to be taken.

Associate
I suppose it depends on how many addons you have installed. My FS2020 install is on it's own SSD, Currently 316GB (premium deluxe MS Store version - fully up to date). My addons are on another dedicated SSD currently sitting at 788GB......and rising. Will need to swap to a 2TB SSD soon.

Last edited:
Associate
By gawd this game is a beast to install. To install the Standard edition, it's dawned on me it's going to take ages!

Crickey, it takes me back to the nineties and leaving the PC on overnight and then some! :eek:

Strange as I have this on Xbox One and don't remember it taking hours!

Last edited:
Soldato
Am sure I've read that the dev tools FPS doesn't take frame generation into account. Try MSI Afterburner or similar.
There has been some issues using this in the past as something with the sim doesn't like it. There was a specific reason but can't remember for the life of me what it was..
By gawd this game is a beast to install. To install the Standard edition, it's dawned on me it's going to take ages!

Crickey, it takes me back to the nineties and leaving the PC on overnight and then some! :eek:

Strange as I have this on Xbox One and don't remember it taking hours!
It gets worse as you get more addons, as some have said on here, i've got quite a few Payware A/C and scenery, upto 1.22tb at the moment :cry: my last reinstall took the better part of 2 days!!!

Associate
I would buy the cheapest joystick you can find, with a throttle lever, and see how you get on. If you find you take to it well, then you can look at something more expensive like a yoke, multiple throttle levers, etc.

Soldato
I just started playing this and find it quite relaxing. I'm using an Xbox controller and wondering if a budget HOTAS (<£100) setup would make much difference, or does it really need to be a quality unit?
I have a Logitech pro yoke flight system I bought for getting in to it. Brilliant setup can get them used for about £60 I would go that route. If you want to see if your into it I'm happy to send it down for you to give it a try for a good few weeks. Not played it in months

Soldato
I have a Logitech pro yoke flight system I bought for getting in to it. Brilliant setup can get them used for about £60 I would go that route. If you want to see if your into it I'm happy to send it down for you to give it a try for a good few weeks. Not played it in months

That's really nice of you to offer, I might take you up on that when I'm back from holiday in January!

What's the model number of the system you're using?

Back
Top Bottom