******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
I would be fine with all the above........ however your comment about the wipes would be key. it is the only thing keeping me out (i could cope with partial wipes where all my money spent etc was restored but maybe ships were taken away due to bugs - but refunded)

however i believe you are mistaken and there will be more full wipes on the way. I reckon CIG will make a very loud announcement when the game goes into what could be a v1.0 which i believe will be the point where, whilst not content complete, there will be no more wipes (aside for possible rollbacks for un expected issues, as well as wipes due to explointing etc)
Last time they tried to implement and deploy rollback on auec it diddnt work lol some started with zero and others started with 10 million...

We was all meant to get 2m! This was in 3.17 branch if I remember correctly

Soldato
i am sure there will be all manner of strange and wonderful bugs along the way, but that sort of thing will be fixed before "release" i am sure.

back in the day with Elite dangerous i rememeber a fun times where sometimes massive space stations would seemingly shift by 50m or so............ doesnt sound much but when you are docking it was instant death :D

Soldato
i am sure there will be all manner of strange and wonderful bugs along the way, but that sort of thing will be fixed before "release" i am sure.

back in the day with Elite dangerous i rememeber a fun times where sometimes massive space stations would seemingly shift by 50m or so............ doesnt sound much but when you are docking it was instant death :D
LOL. Anyways there's no harm in jumping in now.

The main point we are making is you won't get burned out.

Caporegime
0auH7ep.png

Great...

Soldato
I think this sums up everything I think about Star Citizen in year 12, given its $700m dollars budget.

Oh and just for context, this is (reportedly) more than the combined budget of the following three games:
Admittedly that might be the base cost without all the post-release fixes and ports for PC etc., but still...

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think this sums up everything I think about Star Citizen in year 12, given its $700m dollars budget.

Oh and just for context, this is (reportedly) more than the combined budget of the following three games:
Admittedly that might be the base cost without all the post-release fixes and ports for PC etc., but still...

Meh... he's not wrong but here's the thing about what you're seeing there, if you just land it that doesn't happen, the way you get that to happen is to turn it on to its side and carefully push the wing in to the landing pad, not too hard tho because then it behaves like its an impact and the wing will blow off...

Look, the physics in SC are wonky, no one is denying that and we are all waiting for CIG to tackle that problem, and it can be a problem but generally not in this way.

Camural is one of those people why tries to build his channel by winging about how long this game is taking to make, its a valid criticism that we all have but this is just obvious click bait crap. It adds nothing of any value to the conversation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Meh... he's not wrong but here's the thing about what you're seeing there, if you just land it that doesn't happen, the way you get that to happen is to turn it on to its side and carefully push the wing in to the landing pad, not too hard tho because then it behaves like its an impact and the wing will blow off...

Look, the physics in SC are wonky, no one is denying that and we are all waiting for CIG to tackle that problem, and it can be a problem but generally not in this way.

Camural is one of those people why tries to build his channel by winging about how long this game is taking to make, its a valid criticism that we all have but this is just obvious click bait crap. It adds nothing of any value to the conversation.

I meant this is exactly what I see throughout SC every time I boot it up every 6 months or so. Wonky, shoddy physics mixed with high latency, littered with bugs and awful AI, clunky interface, and just a terrible experience all round.

I backed SC on Kickstarter many, many years ago, and every time it's in this state. Graphics are decent, sound is ok, everything else is broken.

I don't think they can fix the physics engine without a complete rebuild.

Last edited:
Soldato

Red dead 2 cost $644.2 million and took 7 years to make on a company that was already established and built by the way

around 420+m for CP77 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2077#:~:text=Its total cost to develop,was announced in October 2022.

Both cd project red and rockstar diddnt have to build multiple offices and hire 1000 of staff during the development of these two games.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I meant this is exactly what I see throughout SC every time I boot it up every 6 months or so. Wonky, shoddy physics mixed with high latency, littered with bugs and awful AI, clunky interface, and just a terrible experience all round.

I backed SC on Kickstarter many, many years ago, and every time it's in this state. Graphics are decent, sound is ok, everything else is broken.

The ship you're looking at is the Crusader Spirate C1, i have one, its my daily flyer, its never done that, nothing i have has ever done that, nor do i see that at every outpost i land at. That's not to say i haven't seen it something like it or a kin to it, i think have, but i couldn't cite it or describe it from memory.

Also: there are reasons for the length of time its taken, some of them valid, they had to invent and develop a lot of the technology that makes this game possible, and through their own mismanagement in first building a game similar to what Starfield is now and then scraping that and starting again to make what it is now, which is entirely different to Starfiled, which took 7 years BTW, so that 12 years, its debatable.

Last edited:
Soldato

• High latency - It was mentioned last week that it is due to the replication layer split and how each action that players do is qued as the server and replication layer is trying to calculate and execute events happening in a whole star system that has 4 planets and dozens of moons, space stations and POI.
  • Bugs - Yes lots of bugs because it is unfinished and is still in development, No point fixing bugs when not even all of the core tech/engine is in place
  • Awful AI - due to server performance and what i said about the High latenecy. Its nothing to do with the actual AI code.
  • Clunk interface- thats about to be obsolete within the next day or so with 3.23

Caporegime
I stand by comments, and look forward to being proved wrong.

We could have had Star Citizen as pitched in 2012 by now if not years ago, what we would have gotten is Starfield, the good news is we have Starfield, you got what you wanted, go play it, tho i'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that you don't like it much do you?

Honestly i don't mean that as a gotcha, i'm not being a ____. :)

Just give it a chance, i don't mean go download it, no don't, but keep checking in, you might find that you're getting what you actually want.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The UI in the current build is very clunky, but as @jonneymendoza said its had a complete overhaul and while its not 100% of the new UI that's in, yet, about 70% of it is and crucially that includes the new star map... are about to be released. Imminently.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Caff aint wrong, plenty of jankiness about SC still and no doubt when they release the latest patch to live it'll have many of the old bugs back in that were reported and fixed years ago.

They need to up their game, although I think they are starting to do that recently as the patches are far more frequent than they ever have been which suggests more focus/resources.

Back
Top Bottom